Where Outlook 2003 stores the account settings?

PryGuy

Hello all!

Does anyone know where Outlook 2003 stores it's account settings such as mailbox data? I have to reinstall Windows frequently and it's a pain to register all my e-mail accounts every time after the reinstallation.

P.S. Please note that I'm not talking about the data file with the messages itself, but the file that stores the e-mail account settings!

Thank you!

Edited by PryGuy

You can use the Office Resoruce Kit (ORKTools.exe i think the file is called from MS website) You can add your account settings to the unattended Office install with the utility - among other things.

Try it out. Works well for me. PM me if you need any help

i don't know about the settings cause i havent applied everything yet, but i know the email file is stored under c:\documents and settings\%username%\local settings\application data\microsoft\outlook

i think the settings might be in the registry though, but im not sure. hope this helps you a bit.

Thanks, jivemastert!

But I already found the data file and my problem is the account settings. :blink:

I tried searching registry as well before I posted this message but I failed. My guess is that probably Outlook encrypts the account data it stores in registry and I tried searching registry using the e-mail address that I have registered in my Outlook 2003 account. No results so far... :(

Ladies and Gentlemen! I got it!!!

I was right the data was encrypted! But I found it with ARM!

And it is right here:

HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Windows Messaging Subsystem\Profiles\Outlook\9375CFF0413111d3B88A00104B2A6676\

Enjoy, mates! :thumbup

• 4 weeks later...