Installing Programs on Vista

Zxian

I'm curious to know if programs that are out for WindowsXP can be installed on Vista. I'm not a beta tester, so I don't have the chance to check for myself... :(

Thanks in advance.

NOD32, Norton Anti-Virus Corp v10, microsoft word 2003, firefox v1.0.6, pinball games, powerDVD 6 deluxe, win ISO v5.3, a few others also worked fine. (some of them you have to manually install.)

edit: NOD32 v2.50+,

PerfectDisk v7.0.40, FruityLoops Studio Producer v5.0.2, ISOBuster Pro v1.8, MSN Messenger v7.0, Nero Ultra Edition v6.6.0.8, and QuickTime Pro v6.5.2 also work great.

Edited by Blam-O!

NOD32, Norton Anti-Virus Corp v10, microsoft word 2003, firefox v1.0.6, pinball games, powerDVD 6 deluxe, win ISO v5.3, a few others also worked fine. (some of them you have to manually install.)

edit: NOD32 v2.50+,

PerfectDisk v7.0.40, FruityLoops Studio Producer v5.0.2, ISOBuster Pro v1.8, MSN Messenger v7.0, Nero Ultra Edition v6.6.0.8, and QuickTime Pro v6.5.2 also work great.

Mcafee wouldn't install. Even with the compatibility changed.

Does norton work fine on it? Im a bit scared having ZERO virus protection.

I know the way Vista and XP run are very different but if it works good, i might try Norton again. It used to lagg my computers really bad though..

so far i have these installed perfect:

Stardock object dock, winamp pro, Adobe photoshop cs 2, Edonkey 2005 pro. MSN messenger 7. Yahoo messenger 7 beta, Also the quicktime pro.

I have more Installed. Just cant think of all them right now.

Soon i'll Try Google's Picasa 2.

• 2 months later...
Alcohol 120% didn't work for me. had some registration errors.

yeah i couldnt install it either, can anyone help me? This is really the only reason (oh and a bit the sound issues with sound blaster cards) that im wanting to go back to XP. Alcohol is the program i always use to burn images and emulate backups of my games. It would be a realy pain if this didnt work! :(

oh i forgot to say that the OS check remover didnt seem to work for me. Just flashes the cmd sreen and then goes again.

But how is it with drivers???

On mine, the NVIDIA Setup-Routine closes itself after a second... :realmad:

Do you know, if there are some Graphik and Mainboard (Forceware) Drivers available for Windows Vista or Longhorn (I think these ones for Longhorn work with Vista too!)????

Greetz

Down_under