CD software

Ok, i want to make myself a cd with apps that uses WPI to install software.

ok ive added the software in the Install folder after ive extracted the wpi 3.6 and the like in the guide ive added my apps like this one in the command 1 field :%CDROM%\Install\winrar.exe /S.

Now, ive added about 30 apps, (698mb) , then from the options panel ive selected NO, to not show the Config and Options button anymore.

Now before i burn this directory on cd i want to know if there is any thing that i have to add/modify for this , before i burn the cd.

Sorry for my english

DoohooDogg

Ok, i want to make myself a cd with apps that uses WPI to install software.

ok ive added the software in the Install folder after ive extracted the wpi 3.6 and the like in the guide ive added my apps like this one in the command 1 field :%CDROM%\Install\winrar.exe /S.

Now, ive added about 30 apps, (698mb) , then from the options panel ive selected NO, to not show the Config and Options button anymore.

Now before i burn this directory on cd i want to know if there is any thing that i have to add/modify for this , before i burn the cd.

Sorry for my english

DoohooDogg

if i were you id make the iso of the image then test it in a virtual enviornment like vpc or vmware it will help you cut down on cds while testing your work, and when youve finally got it setup and working the way you like it, id burn it on a cd and use it..

your ideals are right but i would test everything out to save you alot of trouble

I have MS Virtual Pc, im testing an XPCD untd right now, but if you misunderstood me, i dont want to run the WPI after ive installed XP, i want to run it when i want, like the originals drivers CD have that nice autoruns, and any way how can i make an iso for my WPi folder then, with what apps, i have Autostreamer, CDgui

So you do like a lot of us do and make a fully seperate WPI disk you can us at any time or even if your are brave let a friend use.

For the most part you only have to change one setting in the wpi.cmd file to make WPI a stand-alone disk.

i.e %~dpo needs to be changed to %cdrom%

OK thanx ive done that, and one more question, in the autorun.inf ive seen this line "open=wpi.cmd - this isnt need to be "open=wpi.hta" ?

Just asking

Anyway thanx

The wpi.cmd file calls a much needed .reg file and also implements tools and sets the %wpipath% = %cdrom% variable.

For smaller WPI setup that don't run too long WPI.hta will serve just fine (like 5 - 10 small apps) any more than that and you will get a "scipt on this page is causing explorer to run slowly" type error.

WPI.hta will work ok but if you don't need the extras and your WPI is small but I would reccomend using wpi.cmd for full functionality.

Edited by kelsenellenelvian

...%~dpo needs to be changed to %cdrom%....

@kel , i use only a separate WPI_CD

i dont make the change you suggest above and all works fine .

i will not even try this change because all its ok and i have not reasons to

change some .

all my already past problems was generated by win51 file who

dont exist on my computer or my WPI_CD (in ver. 3.5.1 & 3.6)

in 3.6.1 & 3.6.2b i found already changed win51 with wpi.ico.

I want to annouce that i burned the cd whit the canges sugested by kellsene....... , and it works perfectly. Thanx again kellsene........ sorry but you have a very long and complicated nick.

Thanx again

DoohooDogg