Purple Video...

gamehead200

For some weird reason now, everytime I run InterVideo WinDVD 5 Platinum, any video I play results in it having a lot of purple colour in it... For example, if the screen is supposed to be black, or have a dark shade, it has a purple shade instead. It has something to do with the overlay, but I can't find a way to fix it.

Unfortunately, I cannot take a proper screenshot... :(

Anyone? :}

I've heard of that. Purple and sometimes green smudgy looking crap all over the image? This is one of many codec conflicts that's easily solved by using the latest version of codecs such as XviD. I won't say anything more because I don't think you're anyone's fool. :P

Btw, I loved Episode 7 of Pure Pwnage. I wonder what will happen to Jeremy in the next episode. Me and my friends used to do our own little 20 minute skits like that until my camcorder stopped being friends with my PC on December 24th of last year. :}

Edited by Jeremy

I've heard of that. Purple and sometimes green smudgy looking crap all over the image? This is one of many codec conflicts that's easily solved by using the latest version of codecs such as XviD. I won't say anything more because I don't think you're anyone's fool. :P

Btw, I loved Episode 7 of Pure Pwnage. I wonder what will happen to Jeremy in the next episode. Me and my friends used to do our own little 20 minute skits like that until my camcorder stopped being friends with my PC on December 24th of last year.  :}

ROFL! OK, thanks! I was pretty sure it was because of a codec... Just wasn't sure which! ;)

Codecs reinstalled, everything working as it should! :)