CommandLine CDIMAGE Help

Scubar

ive never used cdimage before and i would like to use the cmdline version with my 2003 cd.

im using autoplay menu studio pro and would like to know what parameters to use with it so that it builds an iso of the cd .its not actually a multiboot its just a normal 2003 Sp1 with tweaks and a few other things included.

u see in the gui it asks for the root folder and im not sure how u can set that for a cdrom drive.

sorry if that sounds confusing but its the best i can explain it at the moment.

many thanks

Edited by ScubaSteve

CDImage Gui only makes an ISO file.... nothing more....

If you are asking where to put your Autorun.exe file... that would be the root folder of your project...

In the Gui version, where it asks where the root of your folder is.... select the folder on your HDD where you coppied all of you cd files and started your tweeking... make sure you extract the boot image for your Microsoft disk...

what i want todo is use the commandline Cdimage and place that on my 2003 SP1 cd in something like an extra directory eg. I386\Tools\ with all my other extra files files. then in my autorun menu have a button that will execute the cmmmandline cdimage with the paramters so that it will build an iso of the cd if u see what i mean.

sorry for the very poor explanations.

Edited by ScubaSteve

im sure it would be simpler to use cdimage. surely someone knows

i know most of the switches t0 use with it. but its just the bit where ur meant to seletct the root folder eg the cd itself .

this is what i have so far

"" -l"WIN2003_SP1" -h -j1 -x -o -m "" "C:\Windows Server 2003 SP1"

i think i just need to specify the boot.img file and the root folder. but how can i do that.

Edited by ScubaSteve

here is a sample

cdimage -l"%date%" -h -j1 -oci -m -be:\loader.bin Drive:\Path Drive:\image.iso

-l you have already figured out as the label for the cd

-h -j1 -oci -m are parameters for the image type

-b is the name and location of the bootable cd file (e: is my hard drive)

Drive:\Path is the drive and path of the folder containing the files you want on your cd.

Drive:\image.iso is the filename of your ready to burn iso image

hope this helps.

btw -m is so that if you want to make an image larger than a cd (i.e. a dvd) then it will still create the iso and not quit and delete the file.

Edited by Beagz

ok just to double check so if i setup my cd how i want it. in a folder

then place cdimage in its folder eg I386\tools and then setup the parameters i want to use. then when i burn it to a cd. it will still be able to make a bootable iso and place it in c:\

I have a bit of free time and maybe able to help, what is the exact command you want to run, mine is

"C:\DOCUME~1\Benners\LOCALS~1\Temp\cybE643.tmp\cdimage.exe" -l"XP_DVD" -h -j1 -b"E:\XPDVD\boot\loader.bin" -o -m "E:\" "C:\Documents and Settings\Benners\My Documents\xpdvd.iso"

ok im making my own windows 2003 cd. its going and i have also made my own menu for it using Autoplay Media Studio 5 Professional.

setup_screen.PNG

i want to place the commandline cdimage.exe in the I386\Tools folder and then when its burnt to a cd i want to be able to put it in any cd drive and then if i need to i can click the make bootable iso button and it will make a iso of the cd and place it on C:\

Well I haven't used v5 only v4 of Autoplay but what I would do in v4 is,

As you have it auto running I'll assume the created Autoplay exe is in the root, use the %SrcDir% variable to get the drive that the exe is running from, will return value like F:.

You can then formulate all your other paths from this like the path to cdimage

%SrcDir%\I386\Tools\cdimage.exe

bootloader file

%SrcDir%\I386\Tools\bootloader.bin

and use the %SysDrv% variable that points to the drive the windows folder is located on, normally C:.

You can the set your button action to execute a program and use the variables to create the file

%SrcDir%\I386\Tools\cdimage.exe -l"WIN2003_SP1" -h -j1 -x -o -m -b"%SrcDir%\I386\Tools\bootloader.bin" "%SrcDir%\" "%SysDrv%"

This code is untested you may have to play around until you get the path correct.If you always use the same dir for cdimage and the same bootloader file you can set them are variables in the program, if not make the exe read an ini to get the values of these files.

Hope this help.

Try _SourceDrive, you should be able to get the relevant info from the help file about built in variables.

There is also a forum on the Indigo Rose website that you may find relevant info in, if you are going to post for the 1st time you may be asked to verify your key in an attempt to cut down on helping people whom have aquired the prog by other methods. :whistle:

lol thank you for all ur help i will try that. im afraid the indigo rose forum is absolutely useless and the help files arent much help either, that y i decided to ask here in the end as i know a fair few ppl use autoplay media studio.

ok so ive found the variables and for my button i will launch cdimage using these parameters

"" -l"WIN2003_SP1" -h -j1 -b"_SourceDrive\I386\Tools\Boot.img" -x -o "_SourceDrive" "C:\Windows Server 2003 SP1.iso"

im hoping thats pretty much right.

ill ask anyway but when u need to use " in the aruguements when u execute a program from autoplay is there a different one used to represent the " as thats the same as the one autoplay uses internally. if u see what i mean

I think I do, if you add "C:\windows" to Autoplays box it gives ""C:\Windows"" and upon compiling squirts out an error, if this is what you mean you will have to escape the character with the \ like

"\"C:\windows\myprog.exe\""