Integration of nvRaid drivers into XPx64 and W2k3x64

Fernando 1

ok here is that screen i had, just finished burning the iso and getting ready to install per your instructions 2 posts above
The text is not so important and mostly points into the wrong direction.

Interesting are the first numbers and letters from the stop message STOP: 0X000............(..........). If you can read it, post it to me.

It seems to be the STOP: 0x0000007B message, which is described here: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?...Ben-us%3B324103

The possible reason is a hardware or driver conflict.

My tip: Try to enhance your RAM voltage within BIOS a little bit (0,1 V). Sometimes this has helped!

By the way: Did you enable ACPI within your BIOS? Otherwise you can cancel your test.

CU

Fernando

Edited by Fernando 1

By the way: Did you enable ACPI within your BIOS? Otherwise you can cancel your test.
yes its enabled

STOP: 0X0000007B(0XAFFFFFADFC8C0F3C0,0XFFFFFFFFC0000034,0X0000000000000000,0X0000000000000000) I THINK

Do the following:

1. Create a new folder on your desktop and call it XPx64 (as example).

2. Copy the whole content of your original XPx64 CD into the just created folder.

3. Start nLite 1.0 RC4 (requires .NET Framework 2.0) and point at your just created folder.

4. Go forward until you get the big buttons with the different tasks.

5. Just choose "Integrate Drivers", "Unattended Setup" and "Create a bootable ISO".

6. Within the section "Integrate Drivers" just integrate the LEGACY subfolder of the 6.67 package as textmode drivers. nLite says, that 2 drivers are required - take them both by just clicking OK.

7. Within the section "Unattended Setup" on the "Information" side remove the check on OemPreinstall and choose "DefaultHide" as Unattended Mode. Within the "General" side just let the "Computer Type" as "automatic" and put your Cd key into the fields.

8. After the end of the processing and the creation of the ISO file burn it as bootable image with Nero.

ended me with the same results

should i try

Remove Components now?

Mike

well like i said before with the same configureation, same processor, motherboard ram, videocard everything is the same, i had JBOD raid working fine, with windows xp x64, now i wish i could tell you what drivers i used that time but i know i tried them before i even started posting on this site, so if there is a conflict it must only be visable in raid 0

thanks

Mike

ended me with the same results

should i try

Remove Components now?

Let it be, you will be disapointed again.

I make the conclusion, that you can not install XPx64 on your Raid array with native nForce 64-bit Raid drivers as long as Shuttle don't offer a BIOS with integrated Raid BIOS v. 4.84.

well like i said before with the same configureation, same processor, motherboard ram, videocard everything is the same, i had JBOD raid working fine, with windows xp x64, now i wish i could tell you what drivers i used that time but i know i tried them before i even started posting on this site, so if there is a conflict it must only be visable in raid 0
The reason for your trouble are the Raid drivers, because the nForce Raid Controller don't support them because of the lack of an actual Raid BIOS.

What I don't understand is, that you even can't install XPx64 with the old SataRaid drivers off the 6.25 package. Have you ever tried to install them by F6 with a floppy (all files of the IDE\WinXP folder without the RAIDTOOL subfolder)?

The only possibility I see is, that the Raid Controller is damaged. To verify this, you should try to install Windows XP (32-bit) onto your Raid array.

We in Germany would say: I am at the end of my Latin! (That means: I am at my wits' end!)

CU

Fernando

I make the conclusion, that you can not install XPx64 on your Raid array with native nForce 64-bit Raid drivers as long as Shuttle don't offer a BIOS with integrated Raid BIOS v. 4.84.

wow i really hate shuttle, and there is now way to hack it?
What I don't understand is, that you even can't install XPx64 with the old SataRaid drivers off the 6.25 package. Have you ever tried to install them by F6 with a floppy (all files of the IDE\WinXP folder without the RAIDTOOL subfolder)?

well i can install it i just cant get anywhere after the blue screen

the floppy works perfect on raid JBOD xp x64 and installs on a raid 0 xp x64 but it dosnt go anywhere after that annoying blue screen

The only possibility I see is, that the Raid Controller is damaged. To verify this, you should try to install Windows XP (32-bit) onto your Raid array.

well i guess ill try that, man im SOL

thanks i wish we could figure it out, i think ill give it a couple more days before i just go back to JBOD or 32 bit raid 0 (if it works)

Mike

EDIT

one more quick thing, when formating in windows set up do i quick NTFS or full NTFS, i tried doing the full NTFS but it take hours and hours, maybe this is one of my problem.... just looking at every factor ;)

Mike

Edited by fairchild118

wow i really hate shuttle, and there is now way to hack it?
Theoretically it's possible to integrate the 4.84 RAID BIOS into the actual Shuttle mainboard BIOS with a tool named CBROM, but

1. this is very dangerous if the procedure fails and

2. NVIDIA won't send you just the RAID BIOS.

Good night!

Fernando

ok just for any one who has this problem....

i just hit somthing wierd, the NVIDIA RAID screen, the one that says healthy on it, just dissappeared, i have raid turned on in the CMOS but it wont show that screen anymore

---

FIX

all i did was reset the CMOS and it came back, very strange....

Mike

Theoretically it's possible to integrate the 4.84 RAID BIOS into the actual Shuttle mainboard BIOS with a tool named CBROM, but

1. this is very dangerous if the procedure fails and

2. NVIDIA won't send you just the RAID BIOS.

i did back up my bios when i flashed it, but i dotn knwo much about that so i guess i wont do anything too risky for now, good night, and let me know if you have anymore idea

thanks

Mike

i just hit somthing wierd, the NVIDIA RAID screen, the one that says healthy on it, just dissappeared, i have raid turned on in the CMOS but it wont show that screen anymore

---

FIX

If I were you I would bring the mainboard to the dealer where I bought it and let him test the Raid Controller.

---

FIX

If I were you I would bring the mainboard to the dealer where I bought it and let him test the Raid Controller.

yea i think i might but i have a raptor drive that im not using, i think i might just go with that one and 1 of my seagate satas as a slave... im just getting sick of this, thanks for sticking with me

ill let you know what i finnally do

good night

mike

one last thing i contacted noen, someone who you tried to help in the beginning, he said he eventually gave up i might end up doing the same

thanks

Mike

well i went out and bought 2 IDE ata 160 GB drives and tried those instead of the sata ones, same **** thing... then tried again withthe satas this time xp 32 bit nothing, ide ata on 32 bit, nothing.... ithink shuttle has a problem, or at lease mine,..... **** im SOL, should have gone with somthing other than NVIDIA.... well ill try contacting shuttle to see what i get but i doubt ill get anything.... thanks Fernando for all the help... if anyone has the same shuttle i have and has successfully got it to raid 0, IDE or SATA (i dont really care anymore :( ) please let me know

:blink: Mike Olsen

well i went out and bought 2 IDE ata 160 GB drives and tried those instead of the sata ones, same **** thing... then tried again withthe satas this time xp 32 bit nothing, ide ata on 32 bit, nothing.... ithink shuttle has a problem, or at lease mine,..... **** im SOL, should have gone with somthing other than NVIDIA.... well ill try contacting shuttle to see what i get but i doubt ill get anything.... thanks Fernando for all the help... if anyone has the same shuttle i have and has successfully got it to raid 0, IDE or SATA (i dont really care anymore :( ) please let me know
Hi Mike,

on the Shuttle homepage I found the following guide for the installation of XP (32-bit version) onto a a SN95G5 with a SataRaid system:

http://www.shuttle.com/share/fae/hq/faq/sf...N95G5%20XPC.htm

Try that!

If the install succeeds, please let me know, which version and which special combination of drivers and information files are needed to get the Shuttle SN95G5 to work with a SataRaid system.

If the install fails, bring your Shuttle mainboard back to your vendor!

In spite of your problems with your Shuttle I wish you a happy New Year

Fernando

on the Shuttle homepage I found the following guide for the installation of XP (32-bit version) onto a a SN95G5 with a SataRaid system:

Try that!

If the install succeeds, please let me know, which version and which special combination of drivers and information files are needed to get the Shuttle SN95G5 to work with a SataRaid system.

If the install fails, bring your Shuttle mainboard back to your vendor!

thanks illl go ahead and try it, a couple things, it has to be the RAID becuase i can install both 32 and 64 bit xp on the drives, one master with os and one slave for storage... works fine.... its when i try raid i have a problem.... next a couple more important things... when i tried the IDE ATA drives, i got another stop error STOP(0x00000024) ?? but that was only for the IDE, for the SATA RAID i got that other code i posted earlier.. next this is probly a newbie question but after trying to set up a raid 0 with xp i used your advice and used seagate tools.. when it read the first drive it showed it formated at 320 GB and the second drive at 160 GB?? is that what raid does, becuase i thought both are formated at 160 GB and the raid controlls the stripping.... just curious (if this dosnt make any sense ask.. i just woke up ;) ) thank you for helping

i wish you a happy new year and maybe one day i can get it to work!!!

p.s. i never realized how slow it was without raid until i tested it last night... wow xp too twice as long to install!!!

Mike Olsen

oh one more thing is IDE RAID 0 alot slower than SATA RAID 0? just curious :blink:

next this is probly a newbie question but after trying to set up a raid 0 with xp i used your advice and used seagate tools.. when it read the first drive it showed it formated at 320 GB and the second drive at 160 GB?? is that what raid does,
Yes, as long as your Raid is active, the first hdd (with the boot sector) shows 320 GB (the size of the Raid=2hdds), whereas the second hdd shows the rest (the size of 1 hdd).
oh one more thing is IDE RAID 0 alot slower than SATA RAID 0? just curious
Between IDE and SATA I hdds there is not a big difference in speed.

CU

Fernando

Hi Mike,

Try that!

Perfect.... worked now what do you think we can do with x64?

Thanks!!!!!

Mike

EDIT:

Drivers that work with my shuttle on a 32 bit xp pro

ftp://ftp.shuttle.com/Drivers/new/fn95/cd...id%20driver.zip

Mike

Edited by fairchild118

Perfect.... worked now.

Drivers that work with my shuttle on a 32 bit xp pro

ftp://ftp.shuttle.com/Drivers/new/fn95/cd...id%20driver.zip

Congratulations! How did you do it (F6 or with nLite?
what do you think we can do with x64?
That will be difficult - you have to wait for a new RAID BIOS for your Shuttle. It is evident, that your Raid Controller does not work with actual drivers.

CU

Fernando