Editing .avi movies (2 make 1)

Hello.

I would like some help in the following thing:

I got 2 movies .avi almost of the same size 700.3 and 700.8 mb's

One movie is wide screen but hungarian translation

One movie is full screen and it's in english.

Now I would like to get the wide screen variant but with english translation.

So basicaly make one movie that is wide screen and in english.

Could anyone give me any advice how can that be acomplished?

As far as I seen, the movies both start in the same state, (Ex: Universal introduction).

The Wide screen variant is just 3 minutes short, maybe the credits were cut off, thats all.

Please help. Any advice would be wonderfull

Thank you

Win AVI when decoding to the format you want DVD VCD SVCD etc it will give you the option of wide screen or standard. 1 added benifit it will take the region code out. Just play with options in it.

This is the fastes and best out there

I did a DVD out of AVI, and it works, I mean it is wide screen and stuff BUT, the off-sides that were cut aren't regianed :no: .

To open the movie I must open either a batch .vob that is a part, or a .info (or somthing like this) witch opens the entire movie.

My question would be now. Is there any way to create an .avi that is wide screen out of this and occupy 700mbs? I don't have a DVD-rom neither DVD-CD's, so all my movies are .avi and I keep them on the HDD.

Also I noticed that the wide screen variant is only available when create a DVD.

If you have used this, could you please give me some advices what should I do next?

Thanks

Edited by Messerschmitt

you might want to use VirtualDub. Extract the english audio from the fullscreen one to a file. Then load the widescreen and import the exported english audio, then re-save the avi with the imported audio. You might need to play the movie in a few places to verify that the audio is synchronized.

No shotgun unfortunately this is not viable anymore...

The English version have 1:17, the other version have 1:14, so there is 3 minutes desyncronization, and both movies have all the scenes included. What can I say is that the 1:14 movie is player faster with a total of 3 minutes than the 1:17.

Probabely is there a solution to strech the sound? Tho I don't think this will resolve anything since the phareses are closer to each other since the movie is played faster.

1/ Download Virtual Dub

2/ Open in Virtual Dub the movie with the english soundtrack

3/ Clic file, save wav

4/ Open the movie in hungarian

5/ Clic on video, set on direct stream copy (important)

6/ Clic on audio, wav audio and select the wav file you saved

7/ Clic File, save as avi

8/ DO NOT close vD

9/ play your movie at the beginning, the middle and the end

10/ Clic on video, framerate and modify the frame rate to make the soundtrack patch with the movie.

11/ If you are lucky you will succeed after 3, 4 or 5 times to get it in synch'.

12/ When the movie is synchronized, clic on audio, select full processing mode, then clic compression, mp3, and choose mp3 compression ratio.

13/ If you'r not lucky, the audio sampling rate are not the same (one movie was playing slowlier than the other) and you will need to edit the soudntrack in an audio editor but that's difficult to do if you are not used to.

Edited by Fredledingue

Thanks a lot for all the information, will help me a lot.

I will look into it and will try my best to figure it out. Probabely some friends that know to work with audacity will help me too.

Will return later to tell you how it worked and maybe for a few more help :)