Prevent Certain Users Accessing The Internet?

jimwillsher

In XP Pro is there an easy way to prevent the kids surfing the web? There are four users on the PC, each with a separate account. Two people (Admins) need to be able to access the web (dialup) but we want to prevent the kids (users) from getting Internet access.

We don't want third-party software (if possible), and we don't want to rely on things like hiding icons.

Can anyone suggest a solution?

Many thanks :)

Jim Willsher

Many thanks for the replies, much appreciated.

The purpose of this exercise is not to limit the sites that the kids can see, but to limit the phone bills! 40% of the UK cannot access Broadband, and as such we have to pay for our internet calls. We're just trying to limit our phone bills!

Thanks again,

Jim

PS I'll check out the KB article.

The purpose of this exercise is not to limit the sites that the kids can see, but to limit the phone bills! 40% of the UK cannot access Broadband, and as such we have to pay for our internet calls. We're just trying to limit our phone bills!

Thanks again,

Jim

Let me see, :) your the ADULT and they are the KIDS.........

Problem solved..........

Have a nice day. :rolleyes:

Thanks again,

Jim

Let me see, :) your the ADULT and they are the KIDS.........

Problem solved..........

Have a nice day. :rolleyes:

Get the belt!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• 2 years later...
In XP Pro is there an easy way to prevent the kids surfing the web? There are four users on the PC, each with a separate account. Two people (Admins) need to be able to access the web (dialup) but we want to prevent the kids (users) from getting Internet access.

We don't want third-party software (if possible), and we don't want to rely on things like hiding icons.

Can anyone suggest a solution?

Many thanks B)

Since I made software for kids limitations use, I know, that with "windows only", you can't limit all necessary options what you want and need. It requires third party software! Just look: http://www.superbigbrother.com what I've done.