VirtualPC wont run?

I have downloaded Virtual PC and installed same.

when I select to start it starts to bootup (virtually) then it stops and reports an error

"Reboot and select proper boot device

or insert boot media in selected boot device"

Now last night I got this running once with the win2k blue screen start up. since then nothing. any special thing I should be doing?

Thanks

Frustrated :}

What are you asking it to boot?????

Check under "Floppy" and "CD" sections for an image/physical drive that it is holding on to...

If nothing is there then the "Virtual" computer is toasted... try re-installing.

BTW make sure if you are using an ISO image that is larger than 2GB, you use a separate emulator... i.e. DEAMON tools, Alcohol 120... mount as physical drive, then use physical drive in VPC...

PM me if you have more questions, or get stuck.... I have full version an use it to test all kinds of programs....

by far less you mean......

I've only seen VPC to take a memory chunk... that is it....

As far as easy... i couldn't even get VMware to run let alone setup any "virtual" enviroments.... VPC it much easier for me....

more simplistic..... but that is my opinion

Agree with BrandonS_Mil. I used NLite to cut an ISO file. Didn't realise that NLite did this. Once I cut that I got Virtual PC to loaad sweet as a nut.

It runs perfect. However I have a few anoying attended bits I need to get automated, then thats it on to the intermediate part of the unattended guide.

Thanx for everyones help starting me out. I was tearing my hair out trying to obtain an iso file image.