BCDW & PM7

UrcelPower

Hey, i hope does anybody can help me :(

I try now since a few weeks to get the dam :realmad: partitionmagic 7

to include into the "Bootable CD Wizard" but what i do all the time when i start the bcdw and than i choise pm7 it comes from the pm: critical error, internal error or some codenumbers etc.

:huh: please help me for including that application !??!?

Remark: The PM7 is a legally version - but it's only a version for install and create 2 dos-boot-disks.

OK i'm on the end

greetz and thanx

I had the same problem....

Not to hard to fix....

First get a hold of WinImage... the make a copy of your 2 disks into 2 folders (i'll use d1/d2)

Use Winimage to make an image file 2.88MB in size, then "inject" d2. make sure the image contains all files ( check hidden/system files)

Call PM7.IMA (image you created or what ever name) from you boot program....

Hey, i do what you suggest me, but no good result - it must be a bootable disk ...

ok, so i do it at this way:

1.) I take disk1 from pm7 and let read winimage

2.) 2.88 Image-Size

3.) Injected a directory - in that one, i put the second disk

.... but it will not work, grumml :-(

Please can you write me, a step by step doing for dummies ?!

The current disk 1 and disk 2 work to boot the system correct???

I used my recovery disk 1 and 2(the one that boots the comuter, starts a PM8 shell) and did exactly what i said for you to try.... hmmmmm....

If you are willing I might be able to let you upload to my ftp, i'll do what i can, send back, to see what was going wrong...Just let me know.

Hey BrandonS_Mil,

did you change something at the autoexec or the config or put some other needed files in the 2.88 image ?

He to all - i'm searching now a long time here in the forum and i find out, a lot of people did have the same problem with this :realmad: Partition Magic :realmad: for creating a 2.88MB working Image.

:realmad: I THINK, THE REALITY IS, NO ONE DID HAVE A WORKING PM-2.88-DISK-IMAGE :thumbdown

The BCDW is not the newest for creating a multiboot-cd, so i was the meaning a lot of people, send me answers with instructions - perhaps with some pictures ..

In hope of an solution

Edited by UrcelPower

:( OK That's fine for you - but why did you can't tell me, step by step, you know (see first TOPIC) what did you done ?

Because Of me, use a good example with cd shell !

That would be possible ? :blushing:

Edited by UrcelPower

Yes, that's right :blink: I have a hard time now with the application .. :realmad:

But, where can i download the All-In-One Norton CD too ? :whistle:

Or did you know where can i get a ready and working bootable image from PM ?

This came from flyakite's Multi-DVD guide....

Creating Additional Image Files

If you would like to add tools to your DVD such as Partition Magic 8, Ghost, or any other tools that use bootable diskettes it is a simple process. Just follow these steps.

1. Open WinImage.

2. Insert the first floppy disk into your computer. Go to Disk -> Read Disk (Ctrl+R)

3. If including a second floppy insert it into your drive. Go to Image -> Change format... and select 2.88 MB. Next select Image -> Inject... Browse to your floppy drive, select all of the files, and then choose Open. It will ask if you want to inject the files, choose Yes.

4. Let's double check that with all this tampering we haven't messed with the boot sector. Go to Image -> Boot Sector Properties... and press the Windows 98 button. If the disk is obviously DOS oriented, you could try MSDOS 6.2 if the Windows 98 does not work.

5. Now save the file: File -> Save. Give the image file a name and save as an IMA file by selecting "Image file (*.IMA)" in the "Save as type:" drop-down box .

6. Once saved, move the file into the AIO-DVD folder if you didn't already save it to there.

7. Create the appropriate entry for your new image file in your boot menu.

To access the image files on your DVD you will have to setup boot menu to access the image file. Please consult the "Creating a Boot Menu" section for more information.

Thanks, but i know this guide from flyakite's - Page, it's not perfect and not complete.

I think, i found the explanation, why it was a problem to start :realmad: pm7/8 out from an image on a cd/dvd.

There are two things:

1.) Clear in all hdd the mbr (Fault 91 .. disk-manager will be found...)

this you must clear with: "fdisk /cmbr 1" and than "fdisk /mbr"

>> It's important that you save before you start all data << :o

2.) Use in the "autoexec.bat" from pm7/8 this switches

"/NSS /PQB=C:\windows\temp"

... and than the application will work !!! :w00t: