Games Take Over Your Life?

XPerties

When is it to much?  

13 members have voted

1. 1. When is it to much?

• 5 Hours straight?
    • 10 Hours straight?
    • When you forgot a appointment?
    • When you have made promises to others and didn't follow through?

Theres been so many reports of people dieing due to over obsession of games and losing there family and forgetting about there responsibility's. I'm wondering what others think about this issue. I have know so many who find themselves so involved because they lack attention or just don't care about the outside world they find themselves completely overtaken from a computer game. Tell me your thoughts and what you feel is to much?

What one does with their free time is up to them.....wheather its watchin TV, Movies, plain game etc...its all about moderation...they olny time thing become unhealthy is when they over rule the important things in life, such as family friends and work...

I dont think a particular amount of decided time equals a negative thing...it just depends on when your doing it...and wheather it confilicts with important things in ones life....

=Drew

nothing wrong with beeing sat infront of the pc playing games for hours on end.

when i lived with my parents i often sat playing games for 2 days straight at weekends without sleep only moving from the pc to grab a pot noodle,coffee or when i needed the toilet and no harm has came to me.

btw i aint left the house in 2months :)

Anything you do compulsively and obsessively can be harmfull.I think if your life becomes unmanageable as a result then your in trouble.I also think that glueing yourself to a computer to learn and explore is creative just mix it up with the rest of what life has to offer. :)

Good topic ....myself i dont play much games...when i dont have any to do.....or when no one to chat :):)............i play games late night when i dont get sleep............this is too way to time pass.....................otherwise forgettin the family and frd....too much!!!..............not worthy givin things like tht for a game(computer games)