buying new PSU

BombaTwist

Could BSOD errors be caused by the PSU?

Most definately

what is Timing?

Example: Timing: 2.5-3-3-7

Of the timings you listed (2.5-3-3-7) the 2.5 rating is for CAS, and I think I have the others after in the proper order, but Im not 100% certain.

Memory Timings (lower numbers are better):

CAS latency (CL)

RAS to CAS delay (tRCD)

RAS precharge (tRP)

Cycle time (tRAS)

The example timing numbers you posted 2.5-3-3-7 contain four numbers (the dashes are just separators) that correspond to the four descriptions I listed. The first number 2.5 is CAS (Im 100% sure of that). The first 3 is RAS to CAS delay, second 3 is RAS precharge (tRP), and the 7 is Cycle time. As I was saying, Im NOT 100% sure about the order of the last three. If I have it mixed up, hopefully someone will correct me.

As for definitions I dont know....except for these two things:

CAS = Column Address Strobe

RAS = Row Address Strobe

All you need to know about ´em is this, the lower number the better. The best timings you could have is 2-2-2-5.

This Crucial 512mb PC 2700 any good? because my ram that i have right now is PC 2700
I wouldn't recommend buying a RAM that's different in size as it could cause errors in some computer configurations. Always match ´em, 256+256, 512+512 and so on.

EDIT: If you're not OC'ing then you don't need to know much about timings.

Edited by Marthax

I wouldn't recommend buying a RAM that's different in size as it could cause errors in some computer configurations. Always match ´em, 256+256, 512+512 and so on.

With single channel memory, different memory sizes arent a problem. Dual channel memory is where that will cause problems.

so ok, lets say this, i run a 512mb in one slot, and a 256mb in another slot, in single channel mode, it shouldnt cause a problem right? but if i run those in dual channel, something will go wrong right? the dual channel part is not a problem for me cause my mobo doesnt support it anyways.

these are some decent RAMs within the price range you wanted:

Personally, if I would be forced to buy these kind of RAMs, I would go with nr 1.

then, number 1 it is :thumbup, thanks everyone for all your help. ugg i guess i wont order until august since my mom keeps saying she will order all the parts for me later X_X.