How to disable shutdown etc.?

Martin Zugec

I'm not sure about this, but you could try adding the disable hibernation entry in Winnt.sif by typing

[Unattended]
Hibernation = No

Have you tried that? I'm not sure It'll do the trick, but try it out and I'll try to search for more info on this.

After unattended installation of windows I am using USD - installing software as service (so user is not logged in). However problem is that XP will went to hibernation/standby, even if there is some non-interactive activity :( So I would like to disable this functionality for some time, ideally with some application.

Have you tried disabling it in the BIOS. If it is going into hibernation during installation of XP, then it is a hardware feature. XP is not loaded yet, so it cannot be doing it.

I believe what he's trying to say is that after installing Windows, but before logging in, he has some automated installs going and the computer goes into hibernate during their install. Not during the install of Windows itself.

Solved :) Jito was right, that is exactly my problem... I was thinking about playing with registry to disable standby, hibernation etc... However I choosed simplier method for this - created small service, that is hitting scroll lock every 10 seconds. And guess what? It is working quite well! :D