how'd they do that?

a korean friend of my aunt gave her 2 cds from IBM as requested by me.... it is a Windows XPProSP2 CD & microsoft Office 2003 cd... it looks different from other cds & im sure this is exclusive for the company... i am just wondering what the company do to be able to fit a 1.14gb into a regular 750mb cd-r.. & the 1.04gb office 2003 which is originally a 5 disc set in a 750mb cd-r... any idea guys? do u have any similar cd like this?

16hc.th.jpg

20lb.th.jpg

35fl.th.jpg

43sj1.th.jpg

you don't seriously belive those are official IBM discs do you? If you do, I really and truly think you need to go do some reading.

The Windows CD is obviously using a Multiboot type layout using a FREEWARE applicaiton called BootScriptor later called CDShell. The way it works is that though there the total size of ALL individual files will add up to 1.14 gigs, is that they're really and truly doubles written to the disc ONCE. A program such as CDIMAGE or MKISOFS have the ability to use dynamic file linking to create the illusion you see.

The Office CD is the same way, and uses a Autorun file made AutoPlay Menu Studio I believe (there's alittle tag at the bottom right as a signature of the guy who made it) and was released by a group name xISO i believe.

If you were to make an ISO from those CD, or went to the properties of the drive itself (not selecting all files, but selecting the drive) you'll see the size of them is actually less then 700MB.

wow, thats a lot of info alanoll... thnx a lot... so u mean to say we can make a disc like that? i havent heard any of the msfn guys using the methods u said... i think thats very useful...

wow, thats a lot of info alanoll... thnx a lot... so u mean to say we can make a disc like that? i havent heard any of the msfn guys using the methods u said... i think thats very useful...

umm...there's an entire Multiboot forum where this kind of disc is used extensively :P

umm...there's an entire Multiboot forum where this kind of disc is used extensively :P

:D didnt notice that... im really new to this muiltiboot... i dont hav an idea.. i have to study again.. thnx..