GTA San Andreas

ano

Hi,

I bought this game and have trouble with the sound. I have C-Media chip (8738) integrated to the Asus A7s333-motherboard. The problem is that all the sound is just fine but when the characters are speaking, the speak comes really slow and delayed (the speak gets more and more delayed). There are also snaps and clicks in the sound. This is really frustrating and disturbs playing. I also had the same problem with the Vice City but then I downloaded new drivers to C-Media and that helped. Now I have tried everything but the problem just stays. I would be really glad for help. Thanks mates.

Edited by ano

I get a few problems with the sound as well. I do get those snaps and clicks occasionally and slight jumps in the music (even though i installed the game and the music to my hard drive).

The annoying one that gets me though is in story sequences when characters are speaking, I sometimes find that I lose the sound in one channel and that it might from time to time switch to left from right/vice versa. Sometimes I lose volume on the voices and it suddenly goes from loud to quiet/vice versa!

I'm loving the game so far although there are a few minor niggles with it though. Rockstar will very likely produce a patch for the game sooner or later.

updating your audio drivers with the latest doesn't work then?

Also, if the game has the option to, lowing the audio setting, etc.

But aye, a patch will probably appear soon enough :) report it to rockstar if updating the drivers dont help.

Regards,

N.

• 2 weeks later...

Yeah, I have the same problem. And the same motherboard of "ano", and I've tried everything: update the drivers, install drivers from the original cd, reduce the hardware acceleration, reinstall the game... and NOTHING worked. :angry:

Now I will try downgrade directx to 9.0b version. I'll report this to Rockstar, perhaps they will include a fix in a patch.

Edited by Painless

• 3 weeks later...

The sound problem that you speak ouf (both of them infact) are probles with every distrubution of GTA SA PC version. The crackling noise bothers me the most as it happens when i blow stuff up and when rains (why?), the lipsync issue is also very furstrating aswell. currently (july 7 2005) i have found no patch for the audio problems. Its odd that the only place ive heard any thing about the two problems is at Gamespot, in a pc review they did.

i have a sound blaster 2 audigy with the latest drivers installed, a x800 xl AIW agp clocked at x800 xt speeds (also with the latest NGO 5.6 drivers). plus other hardware componites that can compaire.

the other problem i would like to bring up is this: ive notice a lot of texture curption in the trees, and other texture surfaces that use a alpha blending method. What is with this. It has hapend with every other gta pc game (from GTA III) and there is no aparent fix for it.

If im blind please tell me so i can fix it.

Aside from these small glitches, the game is still fun, and worth of keeping.

• 1 month later...

Listen, I have had these problems too on XP pro and 2000 pro, not just with this game but with allmost all sounds produced by my computer.

I gave up and went back to 98se.

I dont know what causes it but it really sucks, also my microphone would pick up mouse movments and other generated noise from my computer when I unmuted the mic and cranked the volume I could really hear it.

Folks I know its nice to have XP pro and all but I think it really stinks and trouble shooting takes FOREVER !

Windows 98se reboots WAY quicker than xp and to test if the problem is fixed and reboot several times really sucks.

I tried 2000 pro too and same thing. I dont even want to bother with ME so I went back to 98se and I dont think I will try anything else again. Even moving files is quicker on 98, I use VOPT99 and the diference in moving a file more than 10 MB's is up to 5 times faster on 98 than xp.

I know all the xp users are gonna freak but its true.

I allmost think they developed new drives such as SATA to make up for XP's suckyness.

I found a old computer with windows 95 and was amazed how good it worked and it was a pentium 1 with 32mb of ram !

MY GOD what ve they been teaching us ?

It's amazing how easily we forget a product because the "new" stuff comes around.

Sure a 57 Chevy is old but trade it or junk it for a hybrid ? I don't think so !

Edited by Cartel

• 2 weeks later...

for me is working ok, smaller load times and it looks better than on ANY console.

the thing is that after an hour (more/less) it hangs for some seconds and after that, the action continues without problems (all the people with similar problems are running the game over ati hardware :unsure:)