Royale Theme Intergate ?

Hey Guys

I just have a question? I made a Unattended XP CD and my question is I wanted xp to install the Royale Theme when xp is being installed. How do I intergate the Royale Theme into xp and when xp finish installing, I want to see the Royale Theme in work, instead of the default theme. Please help me how would I do this?

THX! :thumbup

P.S. Fusion :lol:

You have to put the reqired files into $OEM$ folder (and the proper sub folders) onto your setup cd if the theme files not on windows cd. Furthermore, some registry value must be seted...

I recently rebuilt my CD and found that, yes, there are several threads on this topic, many of them confusing to me at least. To truly integrate, you need to replace four (4) files in the I386 directory to produce the Royale Theme (the uxtheme.dl_ file is specific to your service pack, an important point). My four files for WinXP Pro SP2, including instructions for changing the Wallpaper to suit your tastes, can be downloaded HERE. Works for me every time, hope it works for you. :hello:

Edited by blinkdt

You can put the themes here on the CD

XPCD\$OEM$\$$\Resources\Themes

that will copy to

WINDOWS\Resources\Themes

Use a patched uxtheme.dll, nlite can do this for you.

Also consider these Royale like themes:

ModBlue 1.1

http://www.deviantart.com/view/14216339/

RoyalFour 1.2

http://www.deviantart.com/view/10955957/

Edited by DigeratiPrime

I recently rebuilt my CD and found that, yes, there are several threads on this topic, many of them confusing to me at least. To truly integrate, you need to replace four (4) files in the I386 directory to produce the Royale Theme (the uxtheme.dl_ file is specific to your service pack, an important point). My four files for WinXP Pro SP2, including instructions for changing the Wallpaper to suit your tastes, can be downloaded HERE. Works for me every time, hope it works for you.  :hello:

But I thought royale was microsoft digitally signed theme. does it still requires a patched uxtheme.dll? please forgive my ignorance

No, no ignorance expressed or implied. :D There are more threads on this topic, together with more solutions for integrating, than one can shake a stick at. Many claim no hack is necessary, others say put the hack in. Many are quite vocal about their preferred method. Somewhere along the way I stumbled across MY solution and am offering it up like about a dozen others here at MSFN. Take your pick, this one works great for me.

FYI, Kellsenellenelvian has a similar solution, works great, but I preferred not to have the custom cursors (nifty though they were). Search and you shall find.

Edited by blinkdt