Crash2

raptor

"STOP 0x0000007E" Error Message After You Upgrade to Windows XP Click Here

After you upgrade your computer to Windows XP, you may receive the following STOP error message on a blue screen: STOP: 0x0000007E (0xC0000005, 0x804E518E, 0xFC938104, 0xFC937E04) SYSTEM_THREAD_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED Note The four parameters in this...

Stop Error 0x7E Occurs in Usbhub.sys If USB Bandwidth Consumption Exceeds 100 Percent Click Here

If you connect a Universal Serial Bus (USB) input device (such as a keyboard or mouse) to a Windows XP-based computer on which Windows XP Service Pack 1 (SP1) or the USB 2.0 update is installed, you may receive the following error message while you...

Do any of the above conditions apply?

Also, if you answer the questions we will be better able offer assistance.

NEVER do an "upgrade" of your operating system or these problems are what you get. backup your data, format the PC and do a clean install and all your woes should be solved. your pc will run a bit faster too i expect.

But you "upgraded" your operating system from windows 98 or ME right?

didnt do a clean install of XP, but chose "i want to upgrade my operating system [Recomended]"

why it says recommended i dont know because its no easier than the other way, yet doing it the "recomended" way just causes system problems and instability

when you put the XP cd in your drive you are given the options:

Do you wish to upgrade your current windows installation? (recomended)

Continue with full install (advanced users)

or something to that effect. the first option isnt much different to the last one in terms of screens you see etc.

but what it does is remove some files and replace other on your windows installation and "merges" the two together. what results is unstable systems, drive issues, hardware not working (usually USB or sound) and overall slow system performance.

The stop error you get is one such syptom, but could be caused by other factors... the other main one you have ruled out.

im pretty sure you chose the "recomended" option when installing XP...

backup your files you want to keep.

format your hard drive (you can do this in "advanced user" install) just delete the partition with XP on it, then create new partition and windows will the proceed to install as normal.

you do all of that in the XP install screens, set your BIOs to boot from CD if it isnt already, pop the xp CD in and restart it.

DONT select "upgrade" this time round, this should cure your issues.

if you didnt do that option last time, try this:

if you have service pack one installed you will need a Slipstreamed windows XP cd.

put the CD in your drive then go to the START button.

go to RUN.

in the runbox type sfc /scannow

then press OK or hit enter.

thats sfc<SPACE>/scannow

Windows will check system files and replace any that are damaged or different from on the CD, it might well fix your problem.