IDE Vs. SCSI

gamehead200

Its not posible! ... IDE and SCSI are two totally diferent things! ... I dunno if there are any adapters out there that convert betwen IDE and SCSI, but I would think that its both slow and expensive!

SCSI will slow down your boot time.

however its excellent if you use it in a file server, you can connect 8 devices to each cable. Problem is the drives cost an absolute fortune.

SCSI is also VERY fast. but like i said.. it costs a bomb and if you turn your pc of a lot you will regret it.

i dont think they do SCSI drives faster than 12X burn either. as the price is out of the roof.

So if I were to get the IDE card and the burner, I would be able to not just only have a slot for the burner, but three extra slots for HDs, Burners, etc. As if I were to go w/ a SCSI burner, I wouldn't have a fast burning speed as the IDE one...Is this making any sense?

The SCSI connector will get you TONS of very fast hard drive / CD Burner / DVD Burner connections - but as FthrJACK said, it will slow your boot time considerably - all the SCSI devices must identify and enumerate during boot. The PCI card will get you 2 more IDE connections which should handle 2 devices each - hard drives, CD or DVD burner - in any combination. Before going further - make sure your BIOS can handle all the additional devices you are planning - probably cannot boot to the "PCI" IDE devices - but maybe. Also - make sure you have available spots to mount the drives you will be adding.

LS_Dragons