Strawberry Orange Banana Lime Leaf Slate Sky Blueberry Grape Watermelon Chocolate Marble
Strawberry Orange Banana Lime Leaf Slate Sky Blueberry Grape Watermelon Chocolate Marble

MSFN is made available via donations, subscriptions and advertising revenue. The use of ad-blocking software hurts the site. Please disable ad-blocking software or set an exception for MSFN. Alternatively, register and become a site sponsor/subscriber and ads will be disabled automatically. 

Sign in to follow this  
Incroyable HULK

Multiboot WinXP 64-Bits & 2003 Server SP1

no, i mean overwrite mode or insert more...using hexeditors, there are 2 methods for adding...in insert if it says i386, you put the cursor on the i and type 3, it says 3i386...in overwrite mode it says 3386.

hmmm, i trust your instincts...but I would use a hex editor to do this...if it were me...there are free ones out there that work wonders...hhdsoftware has a great one that I use...never caused problems...I just dont see how some combos work and others dont...especially if your keeping the same characters and only 4 of them...just seems weird to me.

Well, I've been using this method for almost a year now... never had any problem. The reason why only thoses 2 combination works is because they don't break the CRC check as mentionned by TheTruth...

@Hulk

Did you test this with XP Pro x64 or with Server 2k3 SP1? I ask because I tried various combinations (including those two you said were the only ones you got to work) and still got the ntldr is corrupt message. I may need to try copying the AMD64 directory to the root of the drive. Have to wait and see.

I ran my tests using WinPE, trying to make a multi-boot CD with the following:

WinPE x86

WinPE x64

BartPE w\ XPE x86

I used the only two allowed renamed folders of i683 and 83i6 for the x86 versions. Both of these worked great, no problems at all.

On the x64 version however, I renamed AMD64 to DMA64 and I didn't see the corupt NTLDR error message (which in and of itself looks promising). But I did get this error message on boot:

"The entry "ntoskrnl.exe" in the [sourceDisksFiles] section of the INF file is corrupt or missing.

Setup cannot continue. Press any key to exit."

I tried editing the txtsetup.sif file in the dma64 folder, changing the "\amd64" entries under the [sourceDisksNames.amd64] section to "\dma64". But that didn't work.

for win 2003 sp1 should i replace 7 occurences (five i386 and two I386) or only i386 occurences?

Edited by N30M0D

for win 2003 sp1 should i replace 7 occurences (five i386 and two I386) or only i386 occurences?

I replaced all 7, if it was a lowercase "i", then I replaced it with LC, and if it was uppercase, I replaced it with UC. Didn't test if it was really required or not.

I replaced all 7, if it was a lowercase "i", then I replaced it with LC, and if it was uppercase, I replaced it with UC. Didn't test if it was really required or not.

Same thing for me...

Hello Guys,

@Incroyable HULK

@evilvoice

Hello friend :hello: , missing you.

@Jazkal

Try to reverse the last 3 chars of AMD64 not the firsr ones, and let me know about your results as I'm unable to test.

Anyway, I'll keep an eye on this thread looking for a better solution form a smarter one.

Best regards,

TheTruth

http://www.geocities.com/pierremounir/

@Jazkal

Try to  reverse the last 3 chars of AMD64 not the firsr ones, and let me know about your results as I'm unable to test.

Tried that, didn't work. Same results.

@Jazkal

What about reversing 4 chars.

Also, make sure you don't replace "Architecture" entry in txtsetup.sif

I mean replace all ocurrences except in "Architecture" and "Drivers Cache" if exist.

Edited by TheTruth

changing the entries in txtsetup.sif, didn't seem to matter at all.

When I tried the 4-swap to 6dma4, I recieved the old:

"NTLDR is corupt. The system cannot boot."