WINDOWS software is..always for left handed people

WINDOWS for lefties....

Microsoft Windows has ALWAYS been designed for

left handed people. Observe the animated (11K) Gif.

post-57434-1117216706_thumb.gif

If it is not showing full size you may have to download

it.

*It's about time us right handed people got a fair go!

Is the Chief Software Architect and worlds richest man

a "lefty". What is the meaning of left handed Windows?

Mind you, all programming languages design the menu's, etc,

for left handed use. Can they not MIRROR, or flip over?

I have reported this discrepancy to Microsoft. They ARE

working on it.. (Pig's bum.)

And signed..

Concerned.. at having to move my hand up and down :)

IMHO the ease of using Windows doesn't seem to depend on your handedness. I'm right handed and have no problem using Windows.

Westerners are used to reading left-to-right, and apparently, Windows is designed so that the most important things (e.g. Start, File, etc..) appear on the left. I think in the Middle East they read right to left; maybe it feels awkward to them?

> Mind you, all programming languages design the menu's, etc, for left handed use. Can they not MIRROR, or flip over?

Usually, this is not easy...

Yes.. we read left to right. But I don't see what that has to do with the menus.

I've come across lots of little programs that try to move things to the right. Some even have a choice of top - bottom - left - right.

I'm trying one now called - Aqua Dock - that I think does some Apple PC thing of popping out the shortcuts. It's meant to be on the bottom, but I have it to the right. Just move the mouse to the right of the screen and it pops out. And rolls the menu shortcuts around.

Did have a app that moved the START button to the right. Think that was Win 98 SE or ME.

The convenience of the menus on the right in no way stop you reading left to right.

In fact I have customized the buttons in IE6 and Firefox 4 to reverse on the right side.

You can save time by not having to move the mouse across to the left all the time..

That's what I think anyway..

taetschel_.gif

because your mouse is on the left hand side it is easyer to move rightwards towards what you need and the centre of the screen.

When u click start u have to move right to all the programs so u see it is right handed

Now THAT'S laziness. I'm sorry but it is. I just rest my wrist on the surface of the desk here and move the mouse with my hand. I can't imagine someone playing Counter-Strike for 12 solid hours and using the muscles in their arm to keep their whole hand off the surface. Mine gets tired in like a minute. I just use my fingers.

Now THAT'S laziness. I'm sorry but it is. I just rest my wrist on the surface of the desk here and move the mouse with my hand. I can't imagine someone playing Counter-Strike for 12 solid hours and using the muscles in their arm to keep their whole hand off the surface. Mine gets tired in like a minute. I just use my fingers.

---------------------

No, that's ergonomics !

alien_greetings.gif