BBC To Screen Most Expensive Tv Show

FthrJACK

Taken is a 20-hour mini-series which charts 50 years of alien abductions across three families. The story will begin in France during World War II and then slowly bring us up to the present day. The series is due to be screened by the Sci-fi Channel in the US in December before being shown on BBC Two and BBC Choice in early 2003. Episodes in the UK will be around 90 minutes with the exclusion of adverts (as its showing on BBC)

The new series will feature Matt Frewer, best-known for playing Max Headroom, and Heather Donahue, who starred in The Blair Witch Project. The success of Band of Brothers, also produced by Spielberg, has meant there was huge interest in acquiring the show. As the second world war epic attracted audiences of up to 6 million viewers when it was broadcast on BBC2 last autumn.

The American Sci-Fi Channel will premiere the show in December with BBC Two and BBC Choice screening it in early 2003.

i watched episode 9, i thought they where all seperate but its not, they follow on from each other following the same family i think. Its also fiction, i thought it was based on peoples real experiances. oh well. still its pretty good. like you i havent seen enough of it to be impressed yet.

heh i watched independance day on TV today, every advert break there was Taken - coming soon! ads lol :)

i bet they showed independance day just to build up hype for the start of the series.