windows 2003 sp1 performance boost

could anybody tell me if there's a significant performance boost in sp1? i'm comfortable on windows 2003 and dont want to update to sp1 unless theres any performance boosts. i really dont care about improved security.

the only thing i can tell you about the sp1 now is my **** theme patch dont work anymore  :realmad:

whats wrong with your theme patch....im running server 2003 sp1 without any theme problems...im using the patch uxtheme.dll (6.0.3790.1812)..or have you tried the Uxtheme Multi-patcher 4.0

Obviously, the patcher was coded well before SP1 was released so it is changing hex values at the wrong offset which breaks the dll file. You'll have to restore an original SP1 uxtheme.dll file.

Edit: ...and wait for someone to update the patcher or do it yourself.

Stay on topic guys :D (btw, the theme patch does work, you just need a new one from here: http://markwatson.us/files/uxtheme-server03sp1.zip (use this to patch it: http://www3.telus.net/_/replacer/)

could anybody tell me if there's a significant performance boost in sp1? i'm comfortable on windows 2003 and dont want to update to sp1 unless theres any performance boosts. i really dont care about improved security.

MS stated there is. To tell you the truth I didn't really notice much of a difference, but I didn't do any speed tests, and I only used vanilla Server'03 for a few days (If that).

long story short, no there is not, if you don't need SP1, don't install it ... simple as that :)