Adding Custom Icons to a dvd

:hello: Hi there, I have a alot of subfolders in my software folder on my Ua DVD. such as cd burning, p2p, email etc ect ..now with in windows I can customise then no problem, But im wondering if theres a way to this so I can insert to dvd in any system and see the icons while browsing the disc

not sure what is your purpose...

you mean, create custom folders while installing xp?

then is simple. custom folder must have system properties (attrib +s), a desktop.ini file (which marks the icon to use) and the ico file on the propper path.

how to place them during uA?

that's another question, you'll need to find your own method but for me, i use a batch file plus a SFX arhive

Thanks for answering Simonsays :hello: I do currently run a sfx during my install so that the required icons are copied to my hadrive.Now when i instert my disc I can see my custom icons fine..But i want to make the disc universal so it will work on other machines

Image1.jpg

Thats how my Ua DVD structure is at the moment. Now I do know how to point to an Icon on my system and that works fine..But If I was to take the dvd to another system where the icons where not on the Hardrive then of course they would not be displayed..So what Im asking is...Can I put the icons onto my dvd and edit the desktop.ini files to point onto the disc instead if it looking on the hardrive...Please exucse my bad grammar

Before you burn the dvd asign it a icon

this is for shell32.dll

Desktop.ini

[.ShellClassInfo]IconFile=%SystemRoot%\system32\SHELL32.dll

IconIndex=227

This is if you want to add the icon to the folder

I use MicroAngelo to change the icon and make this

Desktop.ini

[.ShellClassInfo]IconFile=desktop31.ico

IconIndex=0

ConfirmFileOp=0

OriginalIcon=%