Recommend An Mp3 Player?

Rick

I am getting an MP3 player and I want some recommendations on what you guys have used and what you recommend or don't recommend. THere are the reviews out there but there's nothing like experience firsthand from you all. And what's so big about the IPOD as compared to other players that have the comparable 20Gig HD?

Rick :)

IPOD is a very nice Player, the design is perfect, the controls are intuitive, and the look and size is very nice bonus as well.

Another nice player would have to be the Nomad, its got a nice organization system built in and the huge storage size has got to be wonderful for long trips or just to have to kill some time..it would also sweeeet to plug it in to your stero reciver at home and pump out somer serious tunes,and a huge variety...nice for parties!

=Drew

I've used a 3 mp3 players

Nomad II MG by creative

IPOD by that fruit company

IPAQ by compaq

nomad was honestly a great device, as I enjoyed the Fm/AM radio features a lot, but it's now a pretty old model, the new one is that muvo one.. it's awesome... works as a usb storage device and an mp3 playa..

as drew mentioned, you can't go wrong with an ipod it's awesome

I never really liked the sony ones, they had the whole stupid atrac3 converting, not sure if they changed that but I just didn't like them afterthat.

don't get me started on compaq's excuse of an mp3 player...

what you looking for? before you start shopping, check what you need in an mp3 player

1. Storage Space: how much? 128mb? 5gb? 20gb?

2. Size/Portability: Small?Medium?Large?

3. Show off material: slick design?nice colors?

4. Remote Control?

5. Upgradable? (format wise & space wise)

6. Do you need additional features (radio?support non audio formats?)

etc...

and ofcourse "budget" ;-)

then you can narrow down your options... I mean there are tons of players out there..

I mean there are tons of players out there

You are exactly right man! That's why I posted this because there's just a lot of em. I really like the IPOD but it is much more expensive than the rest. I may have to go in and play around with one before I can drop the kind of money they ask for them.

Deciding between the big drives and the flash roms, I am thinking moving parts vs. no moving parts. I really like all that extra storage but USB 2.0 is a must! It would take all night to upload using USB 1

Rick :)