Adoe Illustrator CS2

CRAP!

It did'nt work!

WHY IS IT SO HARD INSTALLING THIS PROGRAM :(

The autoit posted on previous post only gave an error when i tested the unattend in virtual machine. I ran the Setup.exe (autoit) with no switches, and i got an error I cant recall corectly, but something with invalid installer handle or something similar. It didnt launch the setup.msi or continue the setup script :(

Thanks man, ill give that a try in Virtual Machine now.

Path is on %CDROM% so that might just be it... And maybe log? You think I need to specify a log path? Like on llustrator 11 CS I had to run the Setup.exe and specify where to put the log file, since it runs from CDROM and not HARDDRIVE.

Log path. No. It is not a archived file, that writes a log file. So should not be needed. Just run the Autoit file, and it should work hopefully.

:)

Final solution for installing Illustrator CS2 with AutoIt. Verified to work on both virtual and real format.

1. Edit the registration and userinformation fields in Abcpy.ini. (Leave the other options as default).

SERIALNUMBER=XXXX-XXXX-XXXX-XXXX-XXXX-XXXX
USERNAME=XXXXX
COMPANYNAME=XXXXXXXX

2. Run the following AutoIt script (compiled to .exe) with no switches from WPI/RunOnceExe or whatever you use to install applications.

; AutoIt Options.
AutoItSetOption("TrayIconHide", 1)
AutoItSetOption("WinTitleMatchMode", 4)

Run('msiexec /i "' & @ScriptDir & '\Adobe Illustrator CS2.msi"')

; Welcome dialog.
If WinWait("Adobe Illustrator CS2 - Setup", "The InstallShield(R) Wizard will install Adobe Illustrator CS2") Then
ControlClick("Adobe Illustrator CS2 - Setup", "The InstallShield(R) Wizard will install Adobe Illustrator CS2", "Button1")
EndIf

; License Agreement.
If WinWait("Adobe Illustrator CS2 - License Agreement") Then
ControlClick("Adobe Illustrator CS2 - License Agreement", "", "Button5")
EndIf

; Customer Information.
If WinWait("Adobe Illustrator CS2 - Setup", "The following information must be entered before installation") Then
ControlClick("Adobe Illustrator CS2 - Setup", "The following information must be entered before installation", "Button2")
EndIf

; Destination Folder.
If WinWait("Adobe Illustrator CS2 - Setup", "Destination Folder") Then
ControlClick("Adobe Illustrator CS2 - Setup", "Destination Folder", "Button1")
EndIf

; Ready to Install the Program.
If WinWait("Adobe Illustrator CS2 - Setup", "Ready to Install the Program") Then
ControlClick("Adobe Illustrator CS2 - Setup", "Ready to Install the Program", "Button1")
EndIf

; QuickTime 6 is required.
If WinWait("Adobe Illustrator CS2 - Setup", "QuickTime 6 is required", 900) Then
ControlClick("Adobe Illustrator CS2 - Setup", "QuickTime 6 is required", "Button1")
EndIf

; InstallShield Wizard Completed.
If WinWait("Adobe Illustrator CS2 - Setup", "InstallShield Wizard Completed") Then
ControlClick("Adobe Illustrator CS2 - Setup", "InstallShield Wizard Completed", "Button3")
EndIf

EXIT

;eof

:thumbup

• 1 year later...

Works perfect here. Just a question guys. Do you know where in PC does Illustrator saves Activation data? I want to pack these files with activation data into sfx archive...I can`t find anything in registry nor in my PC...how do you guys activate Illustrator silently?

Any idea appreciated

Works perfect here. Just a question guys. Do you know where in PC does Illustrator saves Activation data? I want to pack these files with activation data into sfx archive...I can`t find anything in registry nor in my PC...how do you guys activate Illustrator silently?

Any idea appreciated

For all Adobe software, the activation data is kept here:

%ALLUSERSPROFILE%\Application Data\Adobe Systems\Product licenses

It is in the form of DAT file.

So I use winrar sfx to silently extract the data after installation of Adobe software using this comment:

Path=%ALLUSERSPROFILE%\Application Data\Adobe Systems\Product licenses
SavePath
Silent=1
Overwrite=2

Edited by owikh84

If WinWait("Adobe Illustrator CS2 - Setup", "InstallShield Wizard Completed") Then
ControlClick("Adobe Illustrator CS2 - Setup", "InstallShield Wizard Completed", "Button3")
EndIf

EXIT

;eof

The last screen during installation won't automatically click "finish" button and didn't close.

btw, the autoIt exe also still running without closing which I assumed there may has some error in the script. Help!

Edited by owikh84

The last screen during installation won't automatically click "finish" button and didn't close.

btw, the autoIt exe also still running without closing which I assumed there may has some error in the script. Help!

If AutoIt is still running and it has stopped on the last window then AutoIt may not have recognized the last window with the strings used in the last WinWait(). You can run through the installation and use AutoIt Info Tool to check the Title, Text and ClassnameNN used and correct as needed.

If AutoIt is still running and it has stopped on the last window then AutoIt may not have recognized the last window with the strings used in the last WinWait(). You can run through the installation and use AutoIt Info Tool to check the Title, Text and ClassnameNN used and correct as needed.

I found Autoit Info tool to be useless w/o telling me the solution. Then?

29pw6qq.jpg

Edited by owikh84

I found Autoit Info tool to be useless w/o telling me the solution. Then?

If you think Autoit Info Tool is useless then you may as well give up now. Autoit Info Tool is helping to identify and confirm exactly what the problem is. Sometimes problems hide themselves well to what we can see.

Place the Opt("TrayIconDebug", 1) at the top of the script and try it again. When installation stops at the window, then move your mouse over the systray icon to see the line that the script stops at. A tooltip will popup will show the line.

As above, add this line...

Opt('TrayIconDebug', 1)

...and remove this line else you will have no systray icon.

AutoItSetOption("TrayIconHide", 1)

Looking at your picture, the last WinWait() looks correct. It does not seem logical that the script is waiting for the last window but perhaps a previous WinWait() in the script.

Edit:

Looking at the script again, I would guess that you may already have QuickTime Installed and that the window does not appear to inform that "QuickTime 6 is required". That would hang the installation.

In that case, try this script that uses Adlib to check for the QuickTime Window.

Run('msiexec /i "' & @ScriptDir & '\Adobe Illustrator CS2.msi"')

; Welcome dialog.
If WinWait("Adobe Illustrator CS2 - Setup", "The InstallShield(R) Wizard will install Adobe Illustrator CS2", 60) Then
ControlClick("Adobe Illustrator CS2 - Setup", "The InstallShield(R) Wizard will install Adobe Illustrator CS2", "Button1")

; License Agreement.
WinWait("Adobe Illustrator CS2 - License Agreement")
ControlClick("Adobe Illustrator CS2 - License Agreement", "", "Button5")

; Customer Information.
WinWait("Adobe Illustrator CS2 - Setup", "The following information must be entered before installation")
ControlClick("Adobe Illustrator CS2 - Setup", "The following information must be entered before installation", "Button2")

; Destination Folder.
WinWait("Adobe Illustrator CS2 - Setup", "Destination Folder")
ControlClick("Adobe Illustrator CS2 - Setup", "Destination Folder", "Button1")

; Ready to Install the Program.
WinWait("Adobe Illustrator CS2 - Setup", "Ready to Install the Program")
ControlClick("Adobe Illustrator CS2 - Setup", "Ready to Install the Program", "Button1")

Sleep(5000)
AdlibEnable('_Adlib', 500)

WinWait("Adobe Illustrator CS2 - Setup", "InstallShield Wizard Completed")

AdlibDisable()
EndIf

Exit

Func OnAutoItStart()
; Single script instance only
If WinExists(@ScriptName & '_Interpreter') Then Exit
AutoItWinSetTitle(@ScriptName & '_Interpreter')
EndFunc

Func _Adlib()
; QuickTime 6 is required.
If WinExists("Adobe Illustrator CS2 - Setup", "QuickTime 6 is required") Then
ControlClick("Adobe Illustrator CS2 - Setup", "QuickTime 6 is required", "Button1")
EndIf
EndFunc

Edited by MHz