Original Driver.cab Corrupted

Hello I have a corrupted driver.cab file on my original cd and I need a few files (compared to the 4000 in there) in order to recreate a driver.cab file. I was wondering if any of you could extract these files from your driver.cab and email them to me. I cannot get them to extract and I cannot get them from windows. They seem to be stuck in the cab file.

Thanks for any help I might recieve :hello:

email=techj82@excite.com

Here is the file list:

driver.txt

1-files on CD barely goes bad UNLESS cd is BAD. If your purchased CD is bad, you can call MS and tell them to send you a NEW one for FREE

2-the easy to do is to integrate SP2 into WINXP setup folder. In the end, you will have everything including SP2 :)

Ok i guess no one wants to send them too me. I don't blame you.

My original xp disk is long gone. it got scratched and is long gone in the trash by now. BUT i did keep a successfull copy of sp1 slipped on my hdd and later cd. Now that is the only reference and it has a corrupted file. I ordered an xp (copy) cd from someone on the internet for $10.00 but haven't recieved it yet. It is the sp2 version of the cd.

I am a couple of hours away from downloading xp sp2 from the internet so I will just see if that has a non corrupted driver.cab or if atleast I can extract the files I need out of the cab.

Thanks anyways.

1-files on CD barely goes bad UNLESS cd is BAD. If your purchased CD is bad, you can call MS and tell them to send you a NEW one for FREE
Wrong, there will be a charge to replace the CD.
2-the easy to do is to integrate SP2 into WINXP setup folder. In the end, you will have everything including SP2 :)

Umm, no. All integrated SP2 will do is add sp2.cab to i386. It won't touch driver.cab.

yup I downloaded xp from the internet and it has a good version of the cab file. Now all I have to do is a lil handy work and I will have a good driver.cab file that will let ryanvm's pack and nlite work correctly w/out having a driver.cab files that is missing files. ya know the popular cyycoins.chm and all those files. that is what is causing that issue for me at least. Ps I am not going to use the driver.cab that came from the downloaded xp. I don't trust it could have viruses or something. I will just take these few files that are in there.

bye all :hello:

RyanVM, your most likely incorrect as Alanoll and msfn11 have pointed out. Any reputable company would gladly send a replacment free of charge. Im sure you havent tried it, so I dont know why your lecturing us on the issue.

RyanVM, your most likely incorrect as Alanoll and msfn11 have pointed out. Any reputable company would gladly send a replacment free of charge. Im sure you havent tried it, so I dont know why your lecturing us on the issue.

i NEVER once said free of charge, I said he was entitled to a replacement. That means that he would ahve to pay SOMETHING whether it be a replacement fee (5-20 $) and/or shipping

You're wrong. MS does charge a replacement fee for lost media. And if you look at what Alanoll said, he isn't disagreeing with me. msfn11 is plain wrong. Hate to break it to you, but the belief that MS would replace the CD for free is rooted in fantasy land, not reality. Heck, you can call them yourself and see.