ZoneAlarm v5.5.094 - careful when installing!

KJxp

I just installed yesterday's update for ZoneAlarm, v5.5.094. Upon reboot, I got a BSOD on vsdatant.sys. I'm just warning other ZoneAlarm users of this problem. It has been posted many times in the ZoneLabs forums, but so far they haven't taken the update down from their website. If you get the problem too, use Safe Mode to put back the previous version. I've heard that it is caused by having a custom boot screen.

ZA bad... Sygate good! :P (Don't mean to start a firewall war here...)

I've had the same experience as Phoenix_nf that it slowed down my computer almost as badly as Norton...

I've installed Sygate on countless computers and never had a problem with any of them. Granted, not seeing a colourful screen coming up when a new app tries to connect to the network is a little unnerving for most users, but after a couple of clicks, they get used to it. :)

I've got the current version of ZA and have experienced no problem as such. Am using it on a WinXPSp2 and Win98se, both are ok. Been using ZA since a long time and am quite satisfied with it.

It is a bit slow at startup but if you think about it, ZA blocks those pesky Pop-ups, check's and inform's you of your AV updates, block's unwanted Cookies and even clean's your Cache. For all that a little slowness is fine by me.