Germany's Ratzinger is new pope

XPerties

Joseph Ratzinger of Germany has been elected the 265th pontiff today by the College of Cardinals. He was announced as tens of thousands of people gathered in St. Peter's Square. He has chosen the name Benedict XVI, the Vatican announced. The announcement came shortly after white smoke rose from the Vatican chimney and bells rang to announce that a new pope had been selected.

http://www.cnn.com/

Holy crap, enough is enough. :P

I didn't say a word when Johannus Paulus II died - which I thought to be the cure for the "dying" Church. I didn't complain about those idiots standing whole days at the Vatican, but enough is enough! :/

It just can't be described how incredibly idiotic this is. I mean, it's like they decided "Hey, let's destroy the church in the Western world!". I'm guessing if Ratzinger stays pope for about 10 years, it will be the end of Catholicism as we know it. The guy will probably end the ideas of Vaticanuum II and continue the line of Vaticanuum I - "I'm above all! Death to progression!".

Man, I'm not gonna continue this, I'll only get more p***ed. :P It's sad tho, I gave up believing in the Church some years ago (so did 99% of my generation and younger) but it's sad to see these conservative actions.

This isn't meant to offend people btw.

Holy crap, enough is enough. :P

I didn't say a word when Johannus Paulus II died - which I thought to be the cure for the "dying" Church. I didn't complain about those idiots standing whole days at the Vatican, but enough is enough! :/

It just can't be described how incredibly idiotic this is. I mean, it's like they decided "Hey, let's destroy the church in the Western world!". I'm guessing if Ratzinger stays pope for about 10 years, it will be the end of Catholicism as we know it. The guy will probably end the ideas of Vaticanuum II and continue the line of Vaticanuum I - "I'm above all! Death to progression!".

Man, I'm not gonna continue this, I'll only get more p***ed. :P It's sad tho, I gave up believing in the Church some years ago (so did 99% of my generation and younger) but it's sad to see these conservative actions.

This isn't meant to offend people btw.

I agree with you. God's rottweiler, that's how German's call him.

Cardinal Ratzinger was born in Bavaria, the son of an anti-Nazi police officer. Although forced to join Hitler Youth, he was not an enthusiastic member and after a posting to Hungary during his service in the anti-aircraft corps he deserted, risking punisment by death. He was captured by the Allies, released and entered seminary with his brother George who told a German newspaper earlier this month that he 'has not got a chance'.

he 'has not got a chance'?? What is that mean?

Story

i think it means he hadn't got a chance other than joining allies b/c axis were going to loose the war lol

now seriously i won't calificate the people that Nanaki talked about like "idiots". they are strong in faith and if they want to... why not?

i feel catholic although i'm not a fan of most of the church's decissions. i'm sure this pope was not the best electable btw, i'm sure he is not going to be much time between us... you know, don't misunderstand me, he is 78 years old...

ps: forgot 1 thing, he's also called "Cardinal Panzer" :crazy:

Edited by SiMoNsAyS

i agree with simonsays. even though he may not be a good choice yet as long as it boosts the morale of the general public its ok. cuz we radical minded people(me included) want everything perfect. quoting a statement i heard on a news report. "believe and follow what you want and discard the rest." As long as it brings people on the right path follow it.

btw. wow it was one of the fastest conclave.

Yeah! They elected the new leader of the catholic cult! Religion is just a way to control people. I have a saying... "Jesus is the David Koresh that everyone believed" :) Catholics are the worst. I live in a country that offers religious freedom... but dare I try to use it around a Catholic... They are the first to persecute me for my beliefs (or non beliefs) Who cares about the pope... I couldn't name one pope in the history of the world. He didn't help me make it to where I am today. His "teachings" don't do anything for me.