64Bit Window Software that works

Thought I would start a thread on known working software. Like antivirus and other usefull and somewhat needed programs to run 64Bit windows everyday

Working Antivirus

McAfee Enterprise 8

Avast

No virtual drives work that I know of but for those wanting to watch BIN and ISO IMG files that used to virtual load dvds and cds try VLC (google it, its free)

Almost everything ive tried works, I noticed Winrar doesnt have the shell extensions which im used too.

I cant get VIA SATA drivers to work in windows (Non raided) So i hope those come out soon. The new ones from via are for raid not single sata drives

Basically, all 32-bit software will work in 64-bit Windows. The problem lies in those that use 32-bit drivers (e.g. virtual drive programs and AV programs among others) and those that still use 16-bit installers (if you copied the files over it would work, but the install will break since 16-bit doesn't work in x64).

Basically, all 32-bit software will work in 64-bit Windows.  The problem lies in those that use 32-bit drivers and those that still use 16-bit installers

And programs that use the Context Menus (you know, when you right click on something), won't work. Meaning the base program works, but the added functionality of context menus don't.

• 2 weeks later...

That's a good list. After looking it over, I decided not to get x64 right now, as some of the main programs I use are red listed--like Alcohol 120...I contacted the company, and they said they "were working on 64 bit drivers, but had no idea when they'd be available"...You'd think some of these software folks would have already been prepared, knowing 64 bit was just around the corner. :wacko: