Share all folders between users?

Rick

When I first got my laptop, the default setting allowed my wife and I to access each others stuff from either account. I had to set a password for both of us because I run a youth program and didn't want the kids on my files. Anyway, when I took the pass back off, my wife's side of the computer is not longer accessible from my side and vice versa. Anybody know how to fix this?

Rick :)

well, hmm i seem to remember this being talked about before. your folder permissions and settings in computer management might be able to fix it.

open START. right click on it and go to properties > customise. make admin tools show in start menu.

in admin tools go to local security policy/local policies/

im guessing it will be in user rights assignment

or security options, but dont alter anything yet, im only having a guess here. Have a look and see if you see anything unusual.. im looking at my settings now to see if i can see where it will be.

Everyone should have a play around in here anyway, theres some real usefull settings,

For eg: making it so you need to login to the pc to shut it down, handy if you have a mail/web/ftp server in an office and dont want people turning it off or altering the settings. etc.

This version is WinXP Home...I can't find the local security settings and I know it's at least in pro because I have been there before...that's what I've been looking for all day! Arggghhh....