XP Professional x64 Edition SP1 1830

RYU81

you might be able to slipstream a x86 SP1 with SP2, however trying to slipstream the x86 SP2 with the x64 OS will result in an error.

You also won't be able to install the x64 OS on a 32bit processor system. Last i saw, the boot process checked for that.

Okay, let me make it clearer:

There is NO SP2 for XP 64-bit, because the initial release itself has that SP2 integrated (steamed/cooked/whatever :P).

You CAN slip-stream updates into the 64-bit XP, but there is NOTHING to be merged - its already all done and ready. Just install and use it happily.

Unattending x64 has got to be quite similar to 32-bit. Can't say for sure until we go full-fledged into this.

And yes, you CAN burn the x64 disc on a 32-bit system.

I dont know why they called it Windows "XP" 64.. Should be called Windows 2003 Professional 64 Bit.. It is more like a client (non server) version of 2003 then it is like the original 32 bit XP.. It essentially is 2003 with all the stuff turned back on for client use.. Themes and such.. Which 2003 Server of course has, but are disabled by default. That is why it is XP 64 SP1.. It actually is 2003 SP1 so it is newer then XP SP2 (32-bit).

Either way, I wonder if service packs for it will come with updates for 2003 server or when a update is made for XP 32-bit?

All 64-bit versions of Windows are based on the Server codebase, not on the XP codebase, so Service Packs for all of them will arrive with Server 2003 Service Packs - not XP. A bad timing thing, but not a bad naming thing. XP is Microsoft's client OS, Server 2003 is it's server... Calling it 2003 Professional would completely confuse people more than just calling it XP 64...