Unattended Installation of x64 Edition

Some SATA drives are detected while others are not because some SATA controllers are integrated into the BIOS and some use an external BIOS. Those integrated will be detected like any IDE HDD. Those with an external BIOS must have the drivers loaded to find them. Though I do agree that MS should have included drivers for the more common SATA chipsets.

IMO, WinPE should only be used if you want a network based unattended installer. For a CD/DVD installer, WinPE isn't needed.

I've built unattended WinPE iso's. I used HTA docs/scripts for the GUI front end. But that isn't required. My users have the option to pick between all the OS flavors, partition options, then winnt32 is called. Once all the options are choosen, then it proceeds all unattended from there. If your only going to have one option, then you wouldn't even need that.

First thing would be to create the WinPE iso with all needed drivers (nics and disk controllers are the most important).

so if i don't need winPE for a single unattended install, how do i slipstream my nvidia raid drivers into the install?

a few people have tried, but it never seems to work

big poppa pump is the only person i've seen saying he's managed to do it.

i pm'ed him but so far no reply :no:

so much for forums being a helpful collective source of knowledge

• 4 weeks later...