Integrating SP2 into XP Home from SP2 XP Pro CD

I hope that I am posting in the right forum. Here is my situation: I have Win XP Pro and Home right, I got an XP Pro CD with SP2 integrated already into it and I have a XP Home SP1 cd. My question is, how can I integrate SP2 into my XP Home from my SP2 XP Pro cd? Is this even possible? I am running the XP Pro w/ SP2 right now... :( Can anyone help me? Hope you understand the situation...thanks in advance! :}

...why are you making things so complex? I strongly suggest you keep this acronym in mind in the future - K.I.S.S. - Keep it simple, stupid! Just download the network install of SP2 and integrate it into the XP Home CD following the guides available all over the internet (Google it if you don't know where they are). There's no need to "cross-integrate" from one CD to another.

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details...&displaylang=en

I have an acronym for you! I.W.I.W.S.S.S. ( I wish it were so simple stupid) but I have 24.0KBPS dial-up ! :angry: and 270MB would take me forever to download. Can you now re-advise me to get SP2 into my XP Home installation? B) :P

well u have to find a way to get sp2. u can order the cd from microsoft and is free of charge or find spmebody how has it. then use google and search for slipstream service packs. or u can use nlite or autostreamer.

...what would you call me? :blink:

If you look inside the network install of SP2, you'll see that there are numerous files which are specific to XP Home and XP Pro. There's no way you can "transfer" things, like I said before. So yes, you're going to have to either suck it up and download the 270MB file or order a CD.

You have to download the entire SP2, or order the same on a CD (this is free, but will take weeks to reach you).

The XPSP2 Pro CD can not be de-constructed to obtain SP2 for Home Edn.

@RyanVM

haha, you're sufficiently senior alright :lol:

after reading the above discussion, wouldn't it be simpler to borrow a home version cd from a friend that already had SP2 slipstreamed in?

it would be the same as using your own CD and slipstreaming, you'd just use your own serial number for installation

if that's against the EULA, I dunno, I've never actually read in :wacko: