Cdimage Don't Work On Xp 9in1

RYU81

I fix cd winxp 9in1 but i want to make iso file to burn on cd but CDIMAGE with command or CDIMAGE GUI doesn't work.i can make iso with other program but not make size near 700 MB.

sssd.gif

efsdsdsd.gif

I think CDIMAGE needs more temp. space on disk. (more than the Iso -size)

I also work with a Xin1 DVD (35GB without CDimage compression, Iso is 4,31GB), and use the parameters h n b o m inm cdimage-GUI, works great...

• 8 months later...

I'm trying to make a 6 in 1 Windows XP disc (CD, not DVD). The root folder is 3,07GB, and when I used CDImageGUI it optimized to 831MB (doesn't fit on a normal CD (700MB)). Is there any other program to optimize ISO images, better than CDImage(GUI)??? I tried UltraISO before (when the root was 3,03GB) and it optimized to 791MB, but I saw on other posts that UltraISO sometimes corrupt the files... so what sould I do???

You can use mkisofs. Bart's PE Builder uses it during ISO creation and can have better optimization depending on the switches you use.

UltraISO can corrupt images if they are edited and saved improperly, but I have yet to experience a problem creating a image from scratch.

I often build a ISO w/ just cdshell to test my menu. After that, I usually open the image in UltraISO and then add the entire AIO directory (of course I take into account any minor issues such as [ERDCommander - uppercase][TrueImage Recovery Zone - joilet]). Go to properties select optimize and usually relaxed ISO and joilet naming options and save (making sure UltraISO recompiles the entire image of course ;) )

Trying to save space....get rid of lang files, make sure that the support folder have the same files versions across all XP builds.

You can use UPX on each installations setup.exe and other uncabbed exe files in the I386 for a tiny amount of size savings. Use modPE on them afterwards just to be safe.

If you added drivers, get rid of them and use a seperate cd, or download the small, very basic driver cab's from MS Update. Don't add newer drivers if MS already has support for it (unless you want to manually modPE ->compress and replace in each I386 folder.)

If using nlite to maximiize cab compression. Keep in mind that if your cd has SP2 and SP1 options, it is better to not merge sp1.cab and sp2.cab directly into your builds if space is an issue.