Dead Kingstone Usb Stick - Help!

I need help! I f*cked up my Kingstone USB Stick - 512mb. I cannot format it, cant, zerofill with Killdisk.. Windows anyways does see it.. But when you double click it, it says - Please insert Disc. When you push, format, nothing happens.. :( Seems to be bad error, or maybe physically it is broken.. dunno.. Maybe someone can help me out??

Can you give us any indication as to how you "f*cked up" you USB stick?

It may be also worth posting the exact model number / product number too, as people may know of a solution for it

Regards,

N.

Right click My Computer.

Select Manage

Go to Disk Management

(with usb disk inserted) select disk

Right click over the affected drive

Select Format

select Fat32 (or FAT) format

click ok

You should be able to reclaim your drive back!

hth

:D

I had the same problem with my Tiny Disk USB.. Dunno why it stopped working, but formatting as Shotgun suggests didn't work.. (It didn't find it) I used a software that came with the USB disk.. Don't remember what it was called, but that made it work again..

Here are some thoughts:

1) If you are connecting directly to a USB port, ensure your jumpers are set to +5VSB, otherwise your system won't supply enough power to the usb stick drive.

2) If you're connecting through a hub, is the hub powered? If are using a powered hub, then your USB motherboard jumpers should be set to +5V.

3) Ensure your hubs are WHQL Logo'd, especially if the power connection is optional. Most hubs do not correctly report self vs bus power, and thus yield intermittent USB connections for unpowered devices (game pads, jump drives, etc, vs printers, optical, external enclosures, etc)

4) There are some reg tweaks that may help with the issues, but these should be attempted last.