Ooo Ooo I Have A Question!

BlutoniumBoy

I appreciate your input prathapml, atleast you added something useful. Maybe if Tarun could have given a suggestion rather than police my post where he has no right, then I may have not gotten so upset. I did not "Flame" him, rather I "told" him to do something useful. He is not a moderator and if a "rule" has gone un-noticed then let a moderator address the issue. Thats what "you" are for! Make that rule 7.ba.

As far as it being a strictly "nVidia" issue... I ruled that out as I bought an ATi x800 Pro and to no avail -same thing. Yes, all drivers were (with DriverCleanerPro and then NFR) removed to prevent any collisions. I have tried ME, XP Home as well as XP Pro SP1/SP2. So, I kinda answered my own theory about it being a strictly "XP" issue. I have had it with this hole deal. Nothing seems to work, I am just so baffled.

The ONLY thing left for me to do is to reinstall XP SP1 (which is intergrated already) and to install the drivers in different orders. There is nothing else to do that has not been done already. I will keep this post alive in case any one comes across this problem.

-Dump this machine, forget it. I am just fed up with it.

@ ripken: I though of that... but as prathapml stated its of no use. Only tells me that it works on those OS's and not Windows.

FYI, Tarun just quoted the rules, that is all - so "policing" is not the word to describe it. Moreover, its not a bad idea to accept what senior members tell, since they know what's out of line.....

No further discussion about this part of the moderation please.

Okie, so now different driver orders are going to be tried? Good good....

I suggest re-formatting before each different driver version trial. That's because you might have files lying around whereas a clean environment is best. Just FYI, the latest nVidia drivers is v 71.84 and its working perfectly for me here.

Do keep us posted on how it goes :thumbup

I hate it when the unknown system bug happens and you have to try literally everything again :S

Here's a few quick things off the top of my head (sorry if i mention anything you've tried already but we've all forgotten things sometimes hehe):

1) Is your BIOS fireware up-to-date?

2) Are you using the latest drivers for your hardware?

3) Have you "tested" the HD's in your system with the manufacturers diag tool(s)? *

4) Are you overclocking your system? / Try running the system at default BIOS settings - appropriate to the default speeds of the components

5) ... [will add more as i think of them/get a chance to, or post again]...

* I've heard of machines that experience "odd" problems and turn out to be a seemingly normal, working fine HD. When you install Windows, is it on the RAID HD's or are you using the RAID to store stuff, etc? [Just For information]

Good luck :)

Regards,

N.