Dpi Settings

gui_m

Hello! I hooked up my PC to the HDTV and increased the DPI settings to 120. Now I restored it back to 96dpi but many icons (like quick launch, taskbar , start menu folder icons, minimize and exit buttons) remain large. What should I do?

Are you still hooked up to the HDTV? Did it come with a Monitor driver? You could try loading that. When you switched back the DPI settings did it copy the fonts & everything OK? Maybe try changing the theme back and forth. Dunno? No HDTV here.

Still no luck. Yes i've played with the settings back and forth and inserted the CD when they asked for it... the text changes fine but the icons i mentioned before, still no luck.

How can I check if the files from the CD were actually copied correctly?

I thought of telling you to check that the Large Icon options were disabled I just don't think changing the DPI would effect that. Plus the way you desciribed it there with the Minizmize & Exit buttons large I doubt that is it. Try checking under Display Properties --> Appearence is the Font size set to Normal? It shouldn't be Large or Extra Large that is the closest thing that does what you are describing that I can tell. That Icon cache thing sounds promising too though. Otherwise I don't know...

Did you check the font size like I suggested also? On my computer that seems to cause what you are describing. (Large minimize & exit buttons) Do the words in your title bar seems bigger too? Try this...

Display Properties-->Appearence-->Font size = Normal.