Remote Login For Non Admin Users

When i want a user to access the server to do something i have to assign them admin rights. Is there anyway to grant them access using remote desktop without giving them admin rights? ive tried to add the user to the remote desktop group but that doesnt resolve the issue (right click my computer then click remote and add)?

Thanks

I tried that but i still get the error "The local policy of the System does not permit you to logon interactively" i have added this user to "Access this computer from the network " as you advised and added him to the Remote desktop users too - what could i be doing wrong?

Thank you

also whats the difference between the "Group Policy Object Editor" and "Default Group Policy"?

Try, Allow Logon Locally in the Domain Controller Security Policy. Incidentally, it's not usually a good idea to allow ordinary Users to logon to your Domain Controller.

I tried that and it already has the user's name in the box. Thanks for your advice but this user needs to access the domain just for a short while but id rather not have him have admin rights - also incase this helps the user is a memeber of ONLY Remote Desktop Users and Domain Users

for unlocking accounts and changing passwords you don't need to allow ordinary user to log on onto server. You can use Delegate control wizard to alow particular users to change passwords and unlock accounts, then you can create them a mmc with only options you want them to be able to use. Anyway to be able to change passa dn unlock acc you don't need to log on to server, but on to domain ..

gpo editor is a program for editing gpos and I don't know any default group policy

The painless way is to use Delegate wizard (right click on the OU and run delegate wizard) ... then you can create mmc with the functionality you want them to be able to do ... once you're back, you remove those users from Security tab from OU properties ...