A New Cd-switching Utility

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hiya,

I'm using Version 0.8.4.0 as downloaded from page1.

I used the CD Switch Generator to create the switches to use within RunOnceEx.cmd, which is below

REG ADD %KEY%\130 /VE /D "Requesting CD2" /f
REG ADD %KEY%\130 /V 1 /D "%systemdrive%\install\misc\cdswitch.exe /g:Apps /r:autorun.inf /rw /b /k" /f

It does create a log file, just confirming the switches used and number of them, and that is it.

As you can see it runs from the C:\ drive and not CD-ROM.

Yes i have checked that the file exists, and yes Apps is label of CD, and autorun.inf is on root of CD.

Even running the most basic switch of cdswitch.exe /s /o D: from start | run when finished with CD1, as it continues straight to desktop, doesn't work.

Any thoughts on why it isn't working are appreciated, as i can't see what i'm doing wrong.

Thank you

You'll have to excuse me, but I remember very little of the switches as I haven't worked on it for a while. :P

REG ADD %KEY%\130 /V 1 /D "%systemdrive%\install\misc\cdswitch.exe /g:Apps /r:autorun.inf /rw /b /k" /f

So, let's see here:

%systemdrive%\install\misc\cdswitch.exe

is correct, as it's running. *yay* :)

/g:Apps

replace this by "Apps". The "/g:" is to detect a drive holding the disc with label "Apps".

*missing*

the second parameter should be the drive you want to use. Check the help-file for different methods to do this: by drive letter, by drive number, by the disc inside (which holds a certain label or file).

/r:autorun.inf

Windows always takes the path you're currently "working" in , so it could be you're referring to the wrong path. I could be mistaken, but just to be save, use the *DRIVE*-parameter.

So therefor, try this line:

REG ADD %KEY%\130 /V 1 /D "%systemdrive%\install\misc\cdswitch.exe Apps D: /r:*DRIVE*\autorun.inf /rw /b /k" /f

Hope that helps, sorry if I explained it too complicated. XD

Edited by Nanaki

• 2 weeks later...

Via a quick scan of the code, I can only assume you're using CDswitch 0.9a, correct? The only cause I can think of is that no disc can be found.

Now, this could be CDswitch its fault (it's still "alpha" :)), but the quick tests I did worked.

Therefor, mind posting your RunOnceEx code you used to launch CDswitch? For now, you can always switch back to 0.8.4.

this is the contents of the RunOnceEx.cmd :

cmdow @ /HID

@echo off

FOR %%i IN (D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z) DO IF EXIST %%i:\2003.CD SET CDROM=%%i:

SET KEY=HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunOnceEx

FOR %%i IN (D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z) DO IF EXIST %%i:\WPI.ico SET CDROM=%%i:

REG ADD %KEY%\0020 /VE /D "Switching to Applications CD..." /f

REG ADD %KEY%\0020 /V 1 /D "cdswitch \"Appz_CD\" %CDROM% /d /r:\"%CDROM%\WPI.cmd\"" /f

EXIT

Thanks for the suggestion. im going to use the 0.8.4 version.

i use this

%CDROM%\Apps\cdswitch.exe WINXP_2 /g:WINXP_1 /r:%CDROM%\Apps\WPI.cmd

when it during installation in vmware,.. the dialogue asking for the cd comes up but its all blank.. no image.. nothing on it ..just plain blan brown background