Stop Internet Page From Displaying

Guys how could i prevent users from going to my routers homepage? i want to be able to stop EVERYONE (except myself of course) to navigate to this page. Tried using the security settings but A. it didnt work and B. I woudl have to do that individually on every user

Thanks again for all the help you guys have given

This would mean you would have to go to each computer too but you could edit the hosts file and point the routers IP to 0.0.0.0 or 127.0.0.0.

As far as doing it at the router, that would depend on what router you are using. I have never seen such a feature on a SOHO router.

What kind of a router do you have?

I think you can set IP filtering for your routers web site ... check remote administration/web interface and see if you can set the ip address filter
I checked my router and couldnt find anything that allows me to block it i think the only thing i found was the ability to change the router's default gateway address but not sure if its recommended or not

Dlink DSL-300T

I checked my router and couldnt find anything that allows me to block it i think the only thing i found was the ability to change the router's default gateway address but not sure if its recommended or not

nope that has nothing to do with what you want ...

What if i changed the routers default gateway address from 192.168.0.1 to my own - would that help or is it not recommneded (would mean they can only access this page IF they get the address right)

This would mean you would have to go to each computer too but you could edit the hosts file and point the routers IP to 0.0.0.0 or 127.0.0.0.

some users may know how to work around this :blink:

Changing the routers default gateway will only help if the network spans multiple subnets.

Like others have asked, what type of router do you have? Is it an ACTUAL router or the cable/dsl type? If this is for a business purpose and you want to get more secur relatively inexpensively look at buying a Cisco PIX 501. Under $1000 full loaded with features and licenses.

In the routers config, firstly, can you password the config page?

2ndly loom for the port redirection table. You should be able to configure the router to use a different port - other than 80 which is the web site. Then set it to 82 for example. so when the port redirection is setup, anyone looking at the router address can be redirected to a web server.

Then to access the router via your web browser, type in the ip address followed by ":82" if 82 was the configured port number.

Hope this helps.

:thumbup

Like others have asked, what type of router do you have? Is it an ACTUAL router or the cable/dsl type? If this is for a business purpose and you want to get more secur relatively inexpensively look at buying a Cisco PIX 501. Under $1000 full loaded with features and licenses.
I think you can set IP filtering for your routers web site ... check remote administration/web interface and see if you can set the ip address filter

Dlink DSL-300T 

Not sure what you mean by if its an actual router but its a DSL judging by the name and i would say it is a router as i can give stsic IP addresses to my clients etc - hope that helps