Does Any One Successfully Install Bluetooth?

simon109s

Hi all,

Does your bluetooth work on your Win98SE? Do you encounter any problem?What are the good & bad brands? B)

Appreciated your feedback.. :lol:

I got a SMC bluetooth SMC-BT10 not long ago but couldn't installed on my 98SE. It kept prompting that my 98SE is not a 98SE. I called the tech support and they just claimed that my 98SE is corrupted :angry: and I sent them an e-mail and they don bother to reply. The SMC has bad tech support. :realmad: I think may be I'll go to get another brand. I'll stay away SMC, it just give me a bad impression. So just carefully choose your bluetooth.

i have a D-Link DBT120 BT adaptor that works well , i initially did have problems installing their software on my computer , it constantly kept asking for a key or something ..... i called their tech support and they had to give me a differant version of their software (requiring me to manuallly input a code), but since then everything works well no prblems at all . I wish i would have bought a BT adaptor that has a greater distance but ohwell, i now have Wifi so i dont use the BT anymore anyways

• 3 years later...

File transfer works but I have had zero success with listening to audio streamed to a bluetooth headset. The Bluetooth Audio device is there, but setting it as the preferred audio device stops the sound from the computer speakers without strating sound from the bluetooth head set.

Initially I tried Blue Soleil software, both with the supplied disk (1.6 I believe) up to the last 98 compatible version (2.1.0 I believe) but it didn't provide a Bluetooth Audio device. Using Widcomm I indeed have a Bluetooth Audio device, but it yields no sound as just described. The usb bluetooth key is an Integrated System Solution, firmware 500.

Any suggestions?

Thanx.

Edited by cure

Im using Belkin F8T012, with only a slight problem. Since I got a new motherboard with P31 chipset and ICH7 southbridge, the transfer speed is only around 5kB/s. (card reader tranfer speed : 30kB/s) That might be due to wrong USB drivers. But that seems weird since my MP3 player with 2,5" HDD in it has speeds at around 5500kB/s. :blink: