Best Office Suite

Looneyboy784

What is the best office suite or text editor?  

62 members have voted

1. 1. What is the best office suite or text editor?

• I like MS Office (any version)
    • MS-Works Suite does my bidding
    • Go Word Perfect Office 12
    • Yay (Star Office 7)/(Open Office 1.1.4)
    • (Star Office 8)/(Open Office.org 2.0) is da bomb
    • Abi Word works for me
    • notepad/wordpad is all I need
    • Booo computers! Pen and paper all the way
    • Other (please post)
    • I have no opinion I just like to vote in polls

OpenOffice beta user as well. It really rocks. Office 2003 is great there is no doubt and I like the way it looks and it is very fast and responsive...it is **** near instantaneous to start up when I had it installed on my laptop. But OpenOffice is a great piece of software and it has plenty of rough edges but it is getting better all the time. I hope they improve the startup time, remove their dependence on Java and get the capability of viewing multiple pages in one screen like in Adobe Reader and thats it. We are set...move over MS.

I use MS office only for the search find-and-replace advanced features that doesn't exists in Open Office. except that I found Open Office to be identical to MS office except about price.

I'm using OfficeXP and very satisfied with it.

I must say Office XP, Office 2003 pulls a lot more memory and just doesn't have any more useful features to me...only that gayish looking ui.

I'm playing with OpenOffice and really like it's self contained approach, MS Office is just to much integrated with the rest of OS..not good if you are an OS "ripper".

But I really miss an alternative to Outlooks sync possibilities with PDA...I wish there were an alternative.

I personally like and currently use Office 2003 although when I first bought my laptop on a roadtrip trial version of office wouldn't load that came with the laptop and I wanted to copy and paste my itinerary from expedia so I downloaded Openoffice and was very pleased with the progress they are making not to mention it was FREE! =)

I agree OpenOffice takes less resource, is smaller (that's not difficult against M$ softwares) and (almost) as complete as MS Office.

As I said: The ONLY reason I'm using MS office is the "search and replace" advanced options. On Open Office it's hardly as advanced as that of Notepad.

I know it's a little thing, but important for me.