Liquid Cooling

ripken204

don't know much about brands, but TEC cooling is the best cooling i'd say. It's pretty expensive but from what I've heard it's worth it :) Check out the guides and stickys on www.extremeoverclocking.com . I'm sure i'll find what you're looking for there.

I believe TEC is peltier cooling is it not?

dangerden seems to be the defacto standard for the best equipment that's not peltier cooling.

DangerDen

They have an online store where you can buy your whole kit from them, but it can get pretty expensive.

as far as liquids go, I used distilled water, plus water wetter. Others have tried antifreeze, however i've heard that it will wreck your radiator over time because it's thicker than water.

basic components of water cooling are:

radiator (blackice line is popular)

CPU waterblock (dangerden rules here)

pump (ehiem is good, but they use AC power)

most will also use some type reservoir

optional components:

chipset waterblock

videocard waterblock

there are a lot of companies that are getting into watercooling and have their own kits. Ultimately what you want to get depends on what you're looking to do. There are some that couldn't be bothered picking out and customizing each individual component, and the rest wouldn't do it any other way.

hope that helped.

ripken204,

Why did you change your posts?

Any way, I see that Thermaltake USA doesn’t have them on there site, it could be that they are only sold in Europe and Asia (or that the Aquarius II is outdated and replaces with BiGWater).

Gona pass you links again :).

EDIT: Here you go, for about 150 bucks ;)

http://www.thermaltake.com/watercooling/cl...er/cl-w0005.htm

If you want more, buy separated parts, but it will be way more expensive. So, if you have a budget like 400 US$ and want your friends to pop out there eyes then buy separate parts :P (I still would go for the 150 US$ kit ;) )

EDIT2:

as far as liquids go, I used distilled water, plus water wetter. Others have tried antifreeze, however i've heard that it will wreck your radiator over time because it's thicker than water.

If you use Aluminium blocks then use a Aluminium radiator too; Copper blocks, copper radiator, else you will get corrosion inside your blocks and radiator.

basic components of water cooling are:

radiator (blackice line is popular)

Yes, the BlackICE have nice radiators for a good price.

EDIT3: About that copper and alu subject: Some antifreeze (for cars) will work but you have to ask for the ones that don´t give corrosion. I see that most kits now come with a Alu radiator and copper blocks but they use special water. But you have to ask the pro´s about it...