Here's Thunderbird Unattended

Dave332

good work dave332 :thumbup

Does your installer also set thunderbird as default mail-client and put itself in start menu sticky?

Now for getting a skin in there, and to have it pre-configured..... (not easy unless you use the direct extraction method).

Ok, I've been working with getting Thunderbird to be set as default. As far as I can determine, the following code sets it as the default client:

REG ADD HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\mailto\shell\open\command /VE /D "%ProgramFiles%\MOZILLA THUNDERBIRD\THUNDERBIRD.EXE -compose %1" /F
REG ADD HKLM\SOFTWARE\Classes\mailto\shell\open\command /VE /D"%ProgramFiles%\MOZILLA THUNDERBIRD\THUNDERBIRD.EXE -compose %1" /F

Still have to test one more thing, but that should work. unfortunately, thunderbird still asks if you want to set it as default on first run.

I'm going to bed, cause i've been up for like 24 hours, but my installers aren't locked or anything and they're just winrar SFX's - you should be able to use winrar to incorporate whatever theme you want, prathapml. I've never worked with Thunderbird themes before, I'll have to look into it, but you should be able to add files, scripts, and registry entries with no problem via the latest version of winrar. I'll do more work on it later.

• 4 weeks later...
Ok, I've been working with getting Thunderbird to be set as default.  As far as I can determine, the following code sets it as the default client:

REG ADD HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\mailto\shell\open\command /VE /D "%ProgramFiles%\MOZILLA THUNDERBIRD\THUNDERBIRD.EXE -compose %1" /F
REG ADD HKLM\SOFTWARE\Classes\mailto\shell\open\command /VE /D"%ProgramFiles%\MOZILLA THUNDERBIRD\THUNDERBIRD.EXE -compose %1" /F

Still have to test one more thing, but that should work.  unfortunately, thunderbird still asks if you want to set it as default on first run.

Thx looking for this in a long time. Does this also make Thunderbird sticky on Startmenu as well?

Also I think have Thunderbird setup its default profile ( Can't remember its command ) Should solve the problem of Asking on first run.

First, thanks for the effort of making an installable version of Thunderbird.

For all people out there prefering an "original" build: Thunderbird 1.02 can be silently installed using the -ms switch (as for firefox 1.02). However, this does NOT make it the default application. But this could be easily integrated using reg files...