Screensaver Replacement

I took the file c:\windows\system32\logon.scr and edited it with resource hacker. i put the file in $OEM$\$$\Sytem32\ . is it going to be replaced when i install my version or not? i know that the files which are put there copy to the hard drive, but i don't know whether i work for replacing

i may try if you tell me what vmware is? i have not disabled windows file protection yet but i will do that at the end when i cut the version of the junk components. nlite can do it, can't it? the problem is that i have only one partition with windows installed and i don't want to install another one yet. so what is vmware?

let me see if i got the whole virtual machine thing. i downloaded virtual pc 2004. so it creates a virtual machine - i see this. it's hard disk is in a file on my hard drive. if i install something through the virtual pc it installs in that file and does not affect my system at all. is that right?

is there a way to make virtual pc 2004 a bit faster. it is working very slow. i read somewhere that if i install sp1 it will be beter but it says that i don't have an installed version of virtual pc 2004. any ideas of making it faster?

is there a way to make virtual pc 2004 a bit faster. it is working very slow. i read somewhere that if i install sp1 it will be beter but it says that i don't have an installed version of virtual pc 2004. any ideas of making it faster?

• 3 months later...

Virtual PC, is hardware dependant - meaning that, if you have low resources, or not that much ram (512mb) it'll run a little slow. :lol:

Hell, I have a P4 3.0 with 512mb and an SATA Raid 0 config, it runs pretty fast, but with Virtual PC, I'm lagging up a storm. :blink:

And Yes it'll install Linux, you just have to select it when creating the Virtual Machine. :thumbup

I agree, i found VMware to be nearly twice as fast on my computer (i benchmarked how long it took to install windows. on VMware it took about 35 min., while on Virtual PC it took about an hour