Anyone Getting 'plug And Play Monitor' Pop Up?

larciel

i'm using nlite .998 and bash's DP .. i also use Ryan's 1.2 patch.

the CD works perfectly fine, but i get this pop up during installation (where setup detects Hardware and monitor flickers couple times) .. and it asks me for my approval of 'connecting internet when hardware is connected' .. and i have to manually go through that step so then the setup resumes.

anyone else getting this problem?? the Plug and Play Monitor installs fine when i choose "Install the software Automatically" (Recommended)

thanks in adv.!

*possible bug?*

i've tried to add some Tweak options to my already nlited folder and i've added some tweaks.. and nlite has been stuck at 'preparing selected tasks' for 30 minutes now.

*edit*

fixed, files were set as 'read only'

problem is driving me crazy.. anyone got answers ?

is this because i put monitor .ini files under my DRV files ?

nuhi, i checked that option to disable drv updates from web prompt, but it still pops up.. anyone having same problem?

• 1 year later...

I can also confirm that the hotfix solves this problem.

Just a note for future reference:

In my case it occoured after adding drivers for the Intel D946GZTS board.

After integrating the 883667 hotfix into my xpsource folder (.exe /integrate:c\[xp_install_source]) the unattended installation now runs smoothly again... Also, Microsoft aren't charging you for the support when you call them, as hotfixes is supplied for free.... But remember to ask for the file in the same language as your xp installation, as it otherwise don't work.

**Claus Egholm Nielsen