World Of Warcraft & Startup Items

S0mE0nesMiNd1

Hey Everyone,

I was looking for an unattended way to install World of Warcraft. I have gone as far as doing an InstallRite of World of Warcraft....sadly, its over 2.4 GB and apparently, that is too unstable to for the outdated program. Any ideas?

As for startup items, I was wondering where I can delete all my startup items (that arent in the startup start menu folder). I am speaking of the ones hidden and require you to go into the System Configuration Utility to disable them. Thanks!

if u check the net there is a tuitorial on how to combine the 4 cds.

google for it. It will involve editing the msi files.

the process is similar to combining doom3 to a single dvd.

I hv done that before. only to play it for 2 hours and shelf it . hehheeh

good luck.

I think i may have an answer for this.

To do this you need:

- AutoIT

- Deamon Tools

- A program to grap an image (.ISO) for a cd (I use Ulta ISO)

Make an ISO for every CD that you have.

put all those ISO's on a DVD.

With Deamon tools You can mount an unmount ISO's trough a commandline.

I use this AutoIT line to mount an ISO:

Run ("C:\Program Files\D-Tools\daemon.exe -mount 0,D:\Install\battlefield\BFV_1.iso")

And this AutoIT line to unmount an ISO:

Run ("C:\Program Files\D-Tools\daemon.exe -unmount 0")

Check deamon tools help file for more info about using the command line.

Now here's a part of my AutoIt script that I use in order to install Battlefield Vietnam. These lines I use to switch from CD nr. 1 to CD nr. 2:

WinWaitActive("Setup Needs The Next Disk", "Please insert disk 2 that contains the file data3.cab.")
Sleep(2000)
Run ("C:\Program Files\D-Tools\daemon.exe -mount 0,D:\Install\battlefield\BFV_2.iso")
Sleep(6000)
WinActivate ("Setup Needs The Next Disk", "Please insert disk 2 that contains the file data3.cab.")
Send("{ENTER}")

I will now explain the lines

WinWaitActive("Setup Needs The Next Disk", "Please insert disk 2 that contains the file data3.cab.")

This line tells AutoIT to wait till the setup asks for CD nr. 2

This line is used to unmount CD nr. 1

Sleep(2000)

I've put in a sleep of 2 seconds. This is to be sure that the ISO is fully unmounted

Run ("C:\Program Files\D-Tools\daemon.exe -mount 0,D:\Install\battlefield\BFV_2.iso")

This line mounts CD nr. 2

Sleep(6000)

A six seconds sleep to fully mount the image. (just to be on the safe side)

WinActivate ("Setup Needs The Next Disk", "Please insert disk 2 that contains the file data3.cab.")

This line makes the "Please insert disk 2 ...." Window the active window (It places it in front of other windows)

Send("{ENTER}")

And finally, the enter button is pressed and the setup continues.

If you plan to use this, you ofcourse need to change the lines in order to make it work

Hope this helps!

Erik

I guess searching is way to hard for u :wacko::P :P

came up on the first post. And with my name on it. at Cdfreaks. HhHahahahhahahahahha

http://club.cdfreaks.com/showthread.php?t=105212 :wacko:

You will probably need to use emulation to get this to work but this will get you the 3 cd's onto the 1 DVD which will be half the process.

The Doom3 3-CD to 1-DVD Guide

Disclaimer:

Software piracy is illegal. I take no responsibility for the actons of others.

If you're old enough to read, you're old enough to know right from wrong.

If the process outlined on this page is illegal in anyway, consider it creative articulation.

Good day.

Overview:

Having purchased Doom3, I was excited to install and play. However, upon opening the package, I found 3 CDs instead of 1 DVD. I thought to myself, What kind of world is this?

This howto is meant to show you how I was able to combine the 3 CDs that ship with Doom3 into 1 DVD.

Basics:

Doom3 installs via Windows Installer. The Doom 3.msi file essentially contains a database of information for Windows Installer to reference while installing Doom3.

To edit an msi file, one need only download orca (http://www.microsoft.com/msdownload/platformsdk/sdkupdate/). Orca is free tool, available by downloading the Windows Installer SDK from Microsoft's Website.

Note: Orca is also available from various websites if one were to search (http://www.google.com/search?q=orca%2Emsi) for it. The full SDK is close to 80MB.

Copy:

1. Create a temporary directory.

2. Copy EVERYTHING from CD 1 to that directory.

3. Find the \Setup\Data\base directory in the temporary directory.

4. Copy pak000.pk4 and pak001.pk4 from CD 2 to the base directory.

5. Copy pak003.pk4 and pak004.pk4 from CD 3 to the base directory.

Edit:

1. Open Orca and then open the Doom 3.msi file.

2. Select the Media Table from the column on the left.

3. Change the LastSequence value for DiskId 1 to the Last Sequence number shown for DiskId 3. This number should be the same as the highest number shown in the Sequence column of the File Table.

5. Change the VolumeLabel from the Media Table to something like Doom3.

5. Delete lines 2 and 3 from the Media Table. It should now look something like this:

http://www.mikesserver.com/sodapopdima/CF/doom3.jpg

Burn:

1. Burn the contents of the temporary directory to a DVD.

2. Make sure the label matches that in the Media table.

Best of luck to you.

Please lets keep this thread clean this time.

I guess searching is way to hard for u  :wacko::P :P

came up on the first post. And with my name on it. at Cdfreaks. HhHahahahhahahahahha

I guess common sense was too hard for you. Logically when you said it was easy to google, I searched for World of Warcraft DVD (among many various other searches), thus that is what this whole topic exists. Im unsure if installers were not built exactly the same, and I dont plan to modify them without a guide directed at them.

S0mE0nesMiNd1, what you could do is compress the game files that are installed and search in HKCU and HKLM for Blizzard/WoW entries and extract those.

If all goes to plan you should be able to extract the files to the destination of your choice and then import the registry entries and you should have a working game.

If you wanted it to be perfect, you could hunt down how to make it so you could have the WoW entry in add/remove programs for later uninstallation, but otherwise this should work.

Just to let you know, my first choice would have been to try InstallRite too, I didn't know it had a size limit, that's a bit crap. :(

Humm.....That would be a crapload of registry entrys....I doubt you can catch every single one of them. I dont think Installrite has a limit....it just seems to crash because its soooo outdated. Bah Ill try and find some other ways to fill up my DVD if this isnt possible.

this doesnt seem all that worth it to me, the combining onto one dvd is very helpful but sient instllation seems like it would take waay more effort then its worht and would take up a HUGE ammount on your install DVD. just back up your Interface/WTF folders and you can keep all your WoW data.