Shrink Photoshop Cs Source?

durex

• 1 month later...
Ive finally gotten to a point where I need to start sliming down some things to get my image under 700 mb (yea yea.. i dont have a dvd burner..) and noticed that the photoshop source takes up nearly as much as mu i386 folder!  Weighing in at 158MB I need to find a way to slim this down.. Ive tried simply rar'ing it up but even with WinRAR's best compresion it only got down to 130MB or something...

So.. anyone have a solution to slimming this bad boy down?

Thanks!

I fit Photoshop CS, Dreamweaver MX 2004 and Office XP on one 700MB CD with Windows XP SP2 Int. And there were even more apps as well.

Just trim the bloat from Windows XP with nLite.

@galvanocentric

the problem isnt the size of the discs, i have a dvd, which contains about 3GB more then i need :P

smaller installer = less time to install/less disc space occupied :P

I fit Photoshop CS, Dreamweaver MX 2004 and Office XP on one 700MB CD with Windows XP SP2 Int. And there were even more apps as well.

<_<

I fit WinXP with about 20 other programs on 1 700mb cd including office, nav2005, diskeeper, steam and slew of others ... whats your point? If I want to fit more apps on there I need to take space away from somthing.. and Im pretty sure my 250MB WindowsXP i386 folder is about is small as its going to get.

<_<

I fit WinXP with about 20 other programs on 1 700mb cd including office, nav2005, diskeeper, steam and slew of others ... whats your point? If I want to fit more apps on there I need to take space away from somthing.. and Im pretty sure my 250MB WindowsXP i386 folder is about is small as its going to get.

No point, just trying to offer some help is all.

No need to get snippy.

However if we're in for a measuring contest...

My i386 folder is down to a lean, mean 228ish. :P

But again... Not trying to annoy, was just offering suggestion.

No need for snippy.

Sry... didnt mean to come of snippy (or maybe i did :sneaky:), regardless, apologies if it came off that way. It was real late, I was tired and posted without giving much thought...

no hard feelings and thx for the suggestion

the one thing that scares me about nlite is when u remove so much STUFF.

u never know when u will need those in the future.

or if a software some how requires a dll or etc file.

i am sad to say my xp is 500 mb and not 200 mb like yours. ;)

LOL good thing i have a dual layer burner.