PC Details:

HP Pavillion 9715

P3 850Mhz

576MB SDRAM (Upgraded from 64 MB)

20GB HDD

nVidia GeForce2 MX 32MB

CD-RW 4x4x32

DVD 16x

Upgraded to Windows XP SP2 from Windows ME.

Do you have any ideas, no options under the BIOS to overclock.

Please help me.

Thanks! :)

@ sonu27,

Give me the numbers on the DIMM chips so I can see what timings they have, alos I think the 64MB one is much slower in most cases then the new 512MB one (or 2x 256Mb?).

Buy a new cooler before you start over clocking. I think you can get your CPU like 10% higher on standard voltage, but see if it´s worth it.

Before I had a Celeron II (P3 with 128kB cache) on 600MHz pushed up to 1132MHz but I needed to get it up to 2 volts to get is work and a nice cooler (I did it with a Thermaltake Super Orb and removed the upper fan (it has 2 fans)) with coper based contact plate and "silver" thermal paste (for example Artic Silver). :D

And like prathapml is saying, there are nice clock generator tools to overclock your system. The only thing you need to do is to find out which clock-gen. is used on your mobo. :yes:

Thanks people!

Well, then I better not attempt it.

I think I shall just leave it as there is not easy way of doing it.

And I'm not going to spend money on a cooler.

Maybe, in the near future I will build a PC.

Got a lot of guides, LOL.

Thanks again!

as said, check for dip switches.. check your motherboard manual..

i'll suggest you read some articles about overclocking so that you'll know the basics (what to do to overclock and what to do when you fail to)

unless you burn your CPU, nothing bad will happen, but be sure you have enough info as i said.

i don't know about your motherboard (others said you have no luck though) you may want to try googling with your motherboard model and a few keywords like overclock etc to see what others did...

• 4 weeks later...

Use nLite! That'll "OC" any computer...

I've set up my parent's work laptop (P-III 750, 128MB RAM) on their island with an nLited XP CD, and the thing just screams! (at least for what they need... e-mail, internet). Used nLite and disabled prefetching (they don't care about boot times...).

Edit: If you're using 512MB + 64MB of RAM, I'd say just ditch the 64MB chip. I've found that computers don't really like dealing with different RAM chips that are very different in size. My desktop wasn't really happy with 512+128, but it was fine with either. I've seen this kind of behaviour in other computers as well. I'd say chips that are double the size of each other is the limit (i.e. 128 +256 or 256+512, etc).

Could anyone help me find the motherboard model?

I seached on google could not find anything.

Please help?

I using speedfan to clock computer.

Just a test but I need the motherboard model and number.

Thanks!

By its very definition, OC = unpredictable/untested.

There are utils by MoBo makers, but you can't use those with your HP machine.

nLite is not an "OC" app - its for stripping out the bloat from XP which results in better speed.