Simple Tool To Mount Iso's Virtually

bmn

with this tool u can mount ur unattended iso's easily.without much effort.

open VCdControlTool.exe and give the path to VCdRom.sys file.(present in the same folder)now u can see its control pannel.click on driver control and say install and click on ok.

now click on add driver to creat virtual cd rom.and clik on mount to mount ur iso.

once u install the driver,it takes 2 clicks to creat a virtual cd-drive

virtual__cd_drive.zip

iam extermely sorry for my late reply.but i found this tool long time ago(its not mine).so i forgot its source page and site etc.

i tested this tool with vmware and virtual pc.and it is working nice.

and i dono abt its command line switches.but u guys r great at that stuff.hope u will solve this problem

Really interesting but to be honest maybe I'm the only one that wasn't able to use Bo Branten system above described, once I try to mount an ISO image it prompt me with syntax error (??)...can someone please share with me his experience? I believe that if working this could be a great tool.

Thanks

@NorthWood

ok if above steps i mentioned r not working.then copy that .sys file to ur system32 folder.and follow the same stpes.

driver control-->install driver(browse and locate that .sys file)

now click on start--->ok

next click on add driver to install virtual cd-drive

click on mount to mount ur image.

Really interesting but to be honest maybe I'm the only one that wasn't able to use Bo Branten system above described, once I try to mount an ISO image it prompt me with syntax error (??)...can someone please share with me his experience? I believe that if working this could be a great tool.

Thanks

Please post the (exact) steps you did, the command lines you issued and we will be able to help you.

jaclaz

Thanks to all for your help and patience

I briefly explain my steps referred to the Bo Branten method (for what about VCdControlTool.exe I was immediately able to use the tool but, since it's not possible to use it with line command I was interested in Bo Branten/Bilou_Gateux method: http://www.msfn.org/board/index.php?showtopic=38118&st=0 )

I'm pretty sure that I was able to perform the most part of the steps described by Bilou (I'm referring to the FileDisk.dll and inf part so that once I right click on my iso the shell extension shows me that is possible to mount the iso on a given drive), the problem rise up once I try to mount the ISO on a network share.

I use as a client a BartPe CD ran in a VMware machine, I map the network share as a drive using net use command but then once a launch !mount.cmd I'm not able to mount remotely the ISO, here following is my path organization:

D:\xpcd\wxp.iso (with all the required files included) I can see it as a network share as \\ntinstall\xpcd\wxp.iso. I map that network share using net use z: \\ntinstall\xpcd command and authenticating as administrator.

Unfortunately once I run !mount \\ntinstall\xpcd wxp.iso it prompt me with a syntax message error.

Where is my mistake? What is your path organization and !mount syntax?

If you use the !mount, you shouldn't need to mount the share as z:

Try first doing it manually:

net use z: \\ntinstall\xpcd

(login)

net start filedisk

filedisk /mount 0 z:\wxp.iso /cd X:

filedisk /status X:

dir X:

If the above works, try again with !mount, without first mapping z:, if it does not work the problem is not in filedisk, but in !mount.

jaclaz